Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear to a christening and what gift to give

Options
  • 09-10-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My partners nephew is getting christened in a couple of weeks and i am at a loss as to what to wear to it. i am with my partner for 6 months but have only met his family once or twice. Any suggestions on what to wear to a christening and what gift should i give?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I'd probably not wear jeans, but no need to get overdressed. A dress and cardigan maybe?

I'd avoid any typical token christening gifts such as jewellery or ornaments. Clothes are always appreciated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Just something smart, like you woudl wear out to dinner. Skirt and top, pants and top, jumper dress would be fine. Not jeans, unless they were dressy ones.

Gift should be from the two of you... he/she should sort that out. If you're stuck, a nice book of fairytales were lovely gifts we received. A bottle of wine if they are into that (someone gave us some wine for laying down, good for drinking in around 20 yrs). Or some people give good old cash in an envelope.

Gifts aren't even expected btw, card might be fine.

Advertisement