Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ye olde adsl speeds

Options
  • 09-10-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    in the cut and thrust of getting a technical issue sorted an eircom engineer commented that my line would be capable of taking approx 6mbps, though he suggested you wouldn't increase it to that level, but somewhere short of that. Currently I'm on 3mbps, so even getting to 5mbps would be a significant improvement.

In trying to discuss this with the webchat person I was unable to get a definitive answer and left the conversation more confused.

I am happy to share a transcript via PM?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Hi, 
    in the cut and thrust of getting a technical issue sorted an eircom engineer commented that my line would be capable of taking approx 6mbps, though he suggested you wouldn't increase it to that level, but somewhere short of that. Currently I'm on 3mbps, so even getting to 5mbps would be a significant improvement.

In trying to discuss this with the webchat person I was unable to get a definitive answer and left the conversation more confused.

I am happy to share a transcript via PM?
    Hi RE*AC*TOR

I can confirm that pre-qualification tests (which offer an approximate indication of what a line can hold) show that your line can hold up to 5MB however as your area is not NGB (next generation broadband enabled) this would entail upgrading to 7MB as your current broadband subscription is capped at a max of 3MB. 

Upgrading to 7mb will create a price increase of your monthly subscription and that is something to consider when the max speed (which again is in an approximation) is up to 5MB. 

If you are interested and wish to find out more in regards to the increase in monthly subscription please contact eircoms customer loyalty team on free phone 1901 or sales on 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Hi Alan,
    That's fine - thanks for the clarity. My issue is moreso that one month ago when I signed up I was not offered this, and according to the customer care person on webchat I am no longer a new customer - which means the price differential to upgrade is more than twice the difference.

I have lodged this through a customer complaint, and I hope that it can be dealt with through that process.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Hi Alan,
    That's fine - thanks for the clarity. My issue is moreso that one month ago when I signed up I was not offered this, and according to the customer care person on webchat I am no longer a new customer - which means the price differential to upgrade is more than twice the difference.

I have lodged this through a customer complaint, and I hope that it can be dealt with through that process.

Thanks.
    I understand your feelings on this RE*AC*TOR

Complaints can take up to 10 working days to investigate however once fully investigated you will receive a call.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement