Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whether to use the fast flow teats?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi, so my 6 month old take forever and a day to take her bottle using a number 2 teat. Well about an hour with breaks to be precise. It's a pain tbh.

I tried her with a number 3 teat about a month ago and she had her bottle gone and was winded in 20 minutes. Great I thought. But that night she had terrible wind pain and I put it down to the fast flow teat. I tried her again yesterday with the fast flows as she's still taking ages to take her bottle. Was grand all day again but same thing happened at night. She usually goes to bed around 8.30 and has been sleeping really well. But last night woke at 11 screaming with pain and wouldn't go back down till after 1am.

I'm just wondering is this a coincidence or could it be due to the number 3 teat? She gets so much wind with the number 3 and get its up easy enough but it's sill like she gets some trapped wind with them or something. Has anyone else had this experience with the faster flow teats? Do I need to resign myself to spending forever giving her her bottle? It's a pain when were out and also it's like she get tired of all the time spent sucking. And then decides she doesn't want it anymore. Will be great when she can hold it herself :).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If me use #3 teats the bottles is gone in about 90 seconds so we use #2.
    From start to end of bottle and winding is about 10 minutes.
    I don't know if teat size will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If me use #3 teats the bottles is gone in about 90 seconds so we use #2.
    From start to end of bottle and winding is about 10 minutes.
    I don't know if teat size will help.

Are you trying to make me jealous moonbeam? :). It's just seems it takes her forever to take it all. But like that it's gone in sixty seconds with the #3. But then the after affects aren't so great (unless it's just coincidence).

Advertisement