Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon

• 09-10-2014 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Going to be working in Shannon for a few months. Just wondering if I should base myself in the town or base myself in Limerick or Ennis. Is there much to do in Shannon in the evenings and weekends? I was down for one day and didn't seem to be much going on tbh.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

6781 wrote: »
    Going to be working in Shannon for a few months. Just wondering if I should base myself in the town or base myself in Limerick or Ennis. Is there much to do in Shannon in the evenings and weekends? I was down for one day and didn't seem to be much going on tbh.

Stay in Limerick or Ennis is you're willing to commute. There's not much to do in Shannon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Stay in Limerick or Ennis is you're willing to commute. There's not much to do in Shannon.

Well, there's the Knights and Supermacs and, ahm, errr, yeah, that's about it.
    Ennis or Limmers be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Well, there's the Knights and Supermacs and, ahm, errr, yeah, that's about it.
    Ennis or Limmers be your best bet.

you forgot mc donalds - lidl :)

plus side it would a grand enough place to live for the few months of work and close to work and less expenses on travelling.

enough pubs to keep you entertained at weekends and disco in knights fri / sat .. gaa / rugby / soccer teams if your into sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

afro man wrote: »
    you forgot mc donalds - lidl :)

plus side it would a grand enough place to live for the few months of work and close to work and less expenses on travelling.

enough pubs to keep you entertained at weekends and disco in knights fri / sat .. gaa / rugby / soccer teams if your into sport

as a clareman i always had the perception that shannon was not one the most exciting places in the county until i had the pleasure of getting involved with shannon musical society. i found it to be a bit of a cultural and sporting hotbed if i am honest.you may have to look a bit harder but its diverse mix of locals and non locals is very refreshing!

Advertisement