Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ipad powered off and now wont charge

• 09-10-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Using an app last night and the battery went on the ipad.

Problem is it wont charge now.

It just shows the battery low icon and the attempts to restart with the apple logo and then when screen brightens with the logo it shuts down with the rotation dialling icon.

Proper charger always used.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Probably won't help but have you tried plugging the charger into a different plug? For some reason lately there is a plug in my house that just won't charge the ipad even with the full apple charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

I used several plugs since yesterday and still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe it's the cable? You can try connecting pad to computer.
    Do you have another cable to try?

Ive used another apple cable and connected it to a computer.

When the apple icon appears I get the "external drive connected" sound but it powers off again before itunes recognises it.

When I disconnect the cable from he computer the "battery /cable disconnected and low battery icons" appear.

Its really annoying me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Did you try leaving it plugged in for a while? Preferably to the wall charger as not all USB ports are powerful enough to charge it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Definitely using the hi-power "chunky" original apple charger, rather than one of the slimmer iPhone ones? The smaller ones will charge an iPad normally but don't give it enough power to resurrect from fully dead.

(Had this problem myself a while ago; I'd to leave it charging for 5-10 mins on the high-power charger before it would wake up.)

Update.

Left it for a week and was going to bring it in for repair and decided one last time to try charge it.
    Used the chunky as I did previously and TA DAH! It started charging.

Crazy.

Been using the chunky since.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

Sometimes dust can get stuck in the charging prongs

Advertisement