Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K Club - Round of golf for 2 plus food €99

Options
  • 09-10-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

A round of golf for two in the K Club plus food for €99. You can use it any time before the end of the year from Wed - Sun. Pretty sweet deal imo!

Can't post the link so copy and paste...

livingsoci.al/1ybwdaa
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's for the Smurfit course which is a vastly inferior course to the Palmer course.

Way better courses out there, that serve breakfast, far cheaper than this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭dodzy

farniel wrote: »
    A round of golf for two in the K Club plus food for €99. You can use it any time before the end of the year from Wed - Sun. Pretty sweet deal imo!

Can't post the link so copy and paste...

livingsoci.al/1ybwdaa

Don't touch it with a barge pole. Seriously. Got a similar deal a few months back. If you are expecting a bit of class, you will be very disappointed. It's in a sorry state and for €100, I'd be taking a fourball, 2 buggies and spending my 12€ change on 2 pints and s bag of peanuts at Knightsbrook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Going to bring my finest tracksuit and wife beater.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ya, unfortunately The Smurfit is a wet course in many places which is a shame given it's construction from new...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 farniel

dodzy wrote: »
    Don't touch it with a barge pole. Seriously. Got a similar deal a few months back. If you are expecting a bit of class, you will be very disappointed. It's in a sorry state and for €100, I'd be taking a fourball, 2 buggies and spending my 12€ change on 2 pints and s bag of peanuts at Knightsbrook.

Wow is it really that bad? To be honest we'd prefer the smurfitt course given our standard but if it is in that bad of nick then I wouldn't go near it! What would you score out of ten given the discounted green fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Got this deal last year (maybe yr before) for parents and due to some mix up on k clubs part they got upgraded to the Palmer course and club house ... Which is much nicer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Blingy wrote: »
    Got this deal last year (maybe yr before) for parents and due to some mix up on k clubs part they got upgraded to the Palmer course and club house ... Which is much nicer IMO.

Similar situ, bought last year. Some kind of mixup due day we booked and they upgraded. Very nice staff, burger m chips were great. I thought it was decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

OK hands up I'm biased as I am a member here, but this looks like good value. €54 for 2 rounds and a buggy. because it is listed under Belfast it's easy to miss.

http://golf.justtreats.com/ire/deal/belfast-ulster/concrawood-oct-14

Played Palmer in K club a few months ago, it was nice, the 16th & 18th were very memorable, fantastic design. I did hear that the Smurfitt was not close in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭dodzy

farniel wrote: »
    Wow is it really that bad? To be honest we'd prefer the smurfitt course given our standard but if it is in that bad of nick then I wouldn't go near it! What would you score out of ten given the discounted green fee?

The 2 guys posted after me that they were upgraded to the palmer. Big difference. No guarantee that's going yo happen to you though. Spend your money elsewhere. Plenty of good golf deals out there. Wouldn't mind that concra woods if it wasn't such a track. Looks lovely for half the K Club cost.

Advertisement