Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you now charge for a night meter?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I have storage heating and a standard meter, I'm looking to get a night saver meter and having called up the customer service the response has been that it will cost 180 euro, I had seen on here that it was going to be free to install it. Is there some mistake? Is it possible to get the meter for free?

Also what's the difference between a Night Saver meter and a Night Storage Heating Meter, why would I want one over the other?

Eva

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Eva,

Can you clarify for me if you presently have two meters or one meter?  Are you looking to change from a standard meter to Night Saver or from a Night Storage Heater meter and a standard meter to a Night Saver meter only? 

A Night Storage Heating meter only provides your storage heating at the lower rate whereas the Night Saver meter gives you the same price for all usage between the hours of midnight and 9am in the summer and 11pm and 8am in the winter.  You would need to bear in mind your standing charge would be increase and your usage during the day would be higher also.

If you would like to send us a private message we can look into this in more detail for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EvaLittleThing

Hi Eva,

Can you clarify for me if you presently have two meters or one meter?  Are you looking to change from a standard meter to Night Saver or from a Night Storage Heater meter and a standard meter to a Night Saver meter only? 

A Night Storage Heating meter only provides your storage heating at the lower rate whereas the Night Saver meter gives you the same price for all usage between the hours of midnight and 9am in the summer and 11pm and 8am in the winter.  You would need to bear in mind your standing charge would be increase and your usage during the day would be higher also.

If you would like to send us a private message we can look into this in more detail for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M
    We currently have one meter with one number on it as far as I know.
    Looking to change from that one meter with the one number to a night saver meter with the two numbers and two different rates.

You say our usage during the day would be higher.
    Are you saying it would cost more during the day with a night saver meter?
    How much would the standing charge increase by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Eva,

In your case, there is no charge to exchange to Night Saver meter. However, if you were to request to go back to a standard meter at a later stage there would be a charge. At the moment this is 191.82 euro.

The standard unit price at the moment is 17.01 cent a unit, but with Night Saver this is 8.98 cent for usage at night and 18.17 cent during the day.  The standing charges for a 24 hour meter amount to approximately 123.01 euro for urban customers a year and this would increase to approximately 168.85 euro for Night Saver. Rural customers with 24 hour meter pay approximately 123.01 euro annually and this would increase to 163.99 euro with Night Saver. All figures exclude VAT.

Please let us know if you have any furtehr questions.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

Advertisement