Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin's theory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

J C wrote: »
    I didn't look at them because I don't have the time ... but most 'evolution' papers look at real world natural/sexual/artificial selection situations where there is no disagreement from me on them ... other than the verbal 'bowing and scraping' and 'genuflection' that sometimes accompanies them to 'Molecules to Man Evolution' ... even when the paper is not about this at all.

No.

Creation Science remains a 'love that dare not speak its name' ... or identify itself ... if the Creationist wants to remain employable.

'

They're not asking you for specific employment details, just a degree type. You'd hardly be identifiable by that.

It's pure love lavished on all of us, who are totally undeserving of it ... in justice we should all pay for our sins ... but God in His mercy has done this for us ... and all we have to do is ask Him to remit our sins.
    However, He will not force anybody to love Him or live with Him in Heaven when they die.
    If they wish to live with the 'other guy' God will grant them their wish.
    The fact that the 'other guy' and his friends may not be too nice to live with ... and his abode could do with some air-conditioning, to say the least about it, isn't God's fault.:eek:

I'm not a Christian so your rules don't apply to me, same way any rules a Hindu or Muslim should abide by don't apply to you. If you're happy to live an eternity in an abusive, inescapable relationship with a tyrant more power to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ah yes, compulsory love, another bonus Christianity gives us.
    Love is never compulsory ... God loves you, just like I do ... but you are free to return that love ... or not.

High-five!!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Vinnie L

I'm not a Christian so your rules don't apply to me, same way any rules a Hindu or Muslim should abide by don't apply to you. If you're happy to live an eternity in an abusive, inescapable relationship with a tyrant more power to you.

If your happy to make up what most Christians believe, then the only person you're kidding is yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Funny how the topic always veers towards God's love whenever J C is asked to provide evidence.

• Advertisement

Can I assure you that I won't be going to Hell ... but instead I am Heaven-bound, to live in eternal bliss with the almighty, loving and merciful God who Created us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Pride cometh before the fall, JC!

Careful now!

They're not asking you for specific employment details, just a degree type. You'd hardly be identifiable by that.
    Could be ... so I'm not taking the risk.
    ... and you wouldn't do it, if you were a Creationist, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

It's like arguing with a 5 year old. The slightest awkward question is either ignored or the subject changed. It really is like a child sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting lalalala.

Degree is no doubt from a bible belt college and in creation science, hence he won't divulge as he would be ridiculed.

Then again I could be wrong,he may have a bona fide degree. It could be hiding with his mensa credentials!

catallus wrote: »
    Pride cometh before the fall, JC!

Careful now!
    I'm a Fallen creature made new by the Saving power of Jesus Christ.

Are you not Heaven-bound yourself catallus?

• Advertisement

Vinnie L wrote: »
    If your happy to make up what most Christians believe, then the only person you're kidding is yourself.

God's not a tyrant? He very much is. Love me or I'll burn you for eternity.

Poster JC, you say you don't believe in evolution because there is no evidence.

So what evidence have you for creationism ?

I'm a Fallen creature made new by the Saving power of Jesus Christ.

But Jesus sacrificed nothing for you. He came back to life and went back to dad/himself. Where's the sacrifice? The self loathing required for Christianity is something I can't fathom.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I didn't look at them because I don't have the time ... but most 'evolution' papers look at real world natural/sexual/artificial selection situations where there is no disagreement from me on them ... other than the verbal 'bowing and scraping' and 'genuflection' that sometimes accompanies them to 'Molecules to Man Evolution' ... even when the paper is not about this at all.

If you were a scientist in this area you would have to spend significant amounts of your time reading these journals. So by a process of elimination assume that you are not a biologist?

Can you show me an example of such 'bowing and scraping' in one of the papers from these journals?
    No.

Creation Science remains a 'love that dare not speak its name' ... or identify itself ... if the Creationist wants to remain employable.

'

I doubt that. I've had creationists in my various work places. Nobody ever lost their job because of it and if they did that would be illegal.

So you're probably not a biologist? Did you train in life sciences? Or perhaps the social or physical sciences? Revealing this will reveal nothing about your identity. It will however help you back up your claims about being a scientist, a statement which nobody believes.

Poster JC, you say you don't believe in evolution because there is no evidence.

So what evidence have you for creationism ?

If you have time and fancy a laugh read through some of his posts, there's no evidence, or none that he'll give. I'd say the only degree he has is one in Bolloxology.

Actually it's love one another or you burn for eternity. Loving God is not enough.
    Loving your neighbour while sincerly not believing in God probably is.
    But by all means carry on pretending what Christians believe.

M5 wrote: »
    Degree is no doubt from a bible belt college and in creation science.
    That wouldn't be a conventional degree from a conventional university ... which all Creation Scientists, in good standing, like me, possess.
    M5 wrote: »
    Then again I could be wrong,he may have a bona fide degree. It could be hiding with his mensa credentials!
    I don't want to know who you are or what your academic credentials are ... why do you want to know mine?

]That wouldn't be a conventional degree from a conventional university ... which all Creation Scientists, in good standing, like me, possess.

I don't want to know who you are or what your academic credentials are ... why do you want to know mine?

Because you're the one claiming to be a scientist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Love is never compulsory ... God loves you, just like I do ... but you are free to return that love ... or not.

High-five!!:)

I rest my case, I don't want love or want to be commanded to love someone or something, thats the definition of a totalitarian existence.

You are welcome to love your "God", but keep it to yourself and away from me, or anyone for that matter.

Actually it's love one another or you burn for eternity. Loving God is not enough.
    Loving your neighbour while sincerly not believing in God probably is.
    But by all means carry on pretending what Christians believe.

You think you can get into heaven without believing in God? All the Atheists are sorted so. I can't imagine any church would profess not believing in God is a sure path to heaven. I think it's yourself who's a bit confused about Christianity there.

• Advertisement

God doesn't burn anybody ... the Devil and his angels provide this particular service, for those who ask for it.
    ... it's something like eternal self-flagellation for masochists.

... something like the 'sex-slave' who craves humiliation by a dominatrix ... only eternal and much more severe.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It's funny there was no mention of Hell in the old testament, the good man him self Jesus is the first to mention it, don't love me and you'll burn in hell fire.

Punishment of the dead, yet another star in the book for Christianity.

God doesn't burn anybody ... the Devil and his angels provide this particular service, for those who ask for it.
    ... it's something like eternal self-flagellation for masochists.

... something like the 'sex-slaves' who crave humiliation by a dominatrix ... only eternal and much more severe.:eek:

But you don't really ask for it do you, God's love is built on an ultimatum. Can you not accept Gods love and not go to Hell? Live in the prescence of a tyrant or go where you'll be burned alive for all time. Unless you get to go off with one of the other gods after you die. There are thousands after all.

I rest my case, I don't want love or want to be commanded to love someone or something, thats the definition of a totalitarian existence.

You are welcome to love your "God", but keep it to yourself and away from me, or anyone for that matter.
    ... surely the love of God isn't a love that dare not speak it's name.

But you don't really ask for it do you, God's love is built on an ultimatum. Can you not accept Gods love and not go to Hell? Live in the prescence of a tyrant or go where you'll be burned alive for all time. Unless you get to go off with one of the other gods after you die. There are thousands after all.

I'd go with Odin.

You think you can get into heaven without believing in God? All the Atheists are sorted so. I can't imagine any church would profess not believing in God is a sure path to heaven. I think it's yourself who's a bit confused about Christianity there.

No one said it was a sure path, again pretending what others say and believe is not going to get you anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

... surely the love of God isn't a love that dare not speak it's name.

You're talking to people who are afraid to even speak of heaven, let alone the Love of God.

Surely there are none so blind as those who will not see.

I'd go with Odin.

Indeed, Asgard seems a way cooler place to live.

catallus wrote: »
    You're talking to people who are afraid to even speak of heaven, let alone the Love of God.

Surely there are none so blind as those who will not see.

I'm fairly sure there are none so blind as the blind, in fairness.

• Advertisement

It's funny there was no mention of Hell in the old testament, the good man him self Jesus is the first to mention it, don't love me and you'll burn in hell fire.

I'm sure you'll have no problem finding that quote then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement