Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin's theory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Vinnie L wrote: »
    No one said it was a sure path, again pretending what others say and believe is not going to get you anywhere.

I'm not pretending anything. You're the one claiming you may not need to believe in God to get into heaven. I'd imagine that's pretty essential. He says so himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Gintonious wrote: »
    It's funny there was no mention of Hell in the old testament, the good man him self Jesus is the first to mention it, don't love me and you'll burn in hell fire.

Punishment of the dead, yet another star in the book for Christianity.
    Hell doesn't exist ... yet.

Hades was where the departed awaited the redemption by Jesus Christ ... He visited it when He died and took the Saved from there to Heaven. The unsaved remain there awaiting judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

catallus wrote: »
    You're talking to people who are afraid to even speak of heaven, let alone the Love of God.

Surely there are none so blind as those who will not see.

More total ignorance and garbage.

No god ever awarded intellect, and if he did? Then why do so many now expose religious beliefs for what they are, man made, evil, sinister and a retardation of our species.

Again, this compulsory love is what a dictator wants and needs to thrive. And I am in no debt to anyone for any act that took place before I was even born. No gift there.

Because you're the one claiming to be a scientist?
    ... and would you be happier to have the proverbial 'scientific pants beaten off you' by a non-scientist?:)

J C wrote: »

Hades was where the departed awaited the redemption by Jesus Christ ... He visited it when He died and took the Saved from there to Heaven. The unsaved remain there awaiting judgement.

Oh ok, because that makes total sense when you put it like that...

I will say it as the others in here have kind of danced around it. I severely doubt you are in anyway a scientist, have a degree related to it, or are a member of Mensa. I believe you are a christian crackpot, who can't let people live their own way, you won't be happy until everyone believes what you do, and ignore the evidence in front of you.

Yours is a mind lost to the evils of religious belief and Christianity, which has handicapped our species for far too long, and hopefully will die out sooner rather than later, so we can reach our true potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Isn't Hades Greek mythology?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Vinnie L

I'm not pretending anything. You're the one claiming you may not need to believe in God to get into heaven. I'd imagine that's pretty essential. He says so himself.

Where does he say so ?
    What he makes clear is love of neighbour is essential, if you've never heard of Christ or been taught a twisted version of what he taught, that is hardly your fault. Have you ever read everything he said for yourself ?

More total ignorance and garbage.

No god ever awarded intellect, and if he did? Then why do so many now expose religious beliefs for what they are, man made, evil, sinister and a retardation of our species.
    God created and endowed us with our intellect and free will. There is nothing sinister about our Holy and Omnipotent God.
    Again, this compulsory love is what a dictator wants and needs to thrive. And I am in no debt to anyone for any act that took place before I was even born. No gift there.
    I keep telling you that love, by definition, isn't compulsory ... it must be freely entered into.
    God loves you ... but you are free to love Him right back ... or not ... so it is up to you ... with no pressure!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That wouldn't be a conventional degree from a conventional university ... which all Creation Scientists, in good standing, like me, possess.

I don't want to know who you are or what your academic credentials are ... why do you want to know mine?

You are claiming to be a scientist, but also making claims based on a 2000 year old book written by goat herders. The two don't sit well with each other!

If you are a scientist as you claim, why not pursue this. Submit a paper, have it reviewed and become the greatest mind of your generation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

...... expose religious beliefs for what they are, man made, evil, sinister and a retardation of our species.

Religious belief is the ONLY thing that separates us from animals. It protects us from totalitarianism by giving us intellect.

The idea that such belief is evil is just the sort of inverted philosophical relativistic nonsense one would expect of craven unimaginative theophobes, who define themselves by what they hate. They follow the philosophy of hate.

Can this not be seen as anything but nihilism?

• Advertisement

Hades is the name of the holding place for the dead awaiting judgement.

The Greeks appropriated the word Hades for their own version of the place called Hades.

God created and endowed us with our intellect and free will. There is nothing sinister about our Holy and Omnipotent God.

I keep telling you that love, by definition, isn't compulsory ... it must be freely entered into.
    God loves you ... but you are free to love Him right back ... or not ... so it is up to you ... with no pressure!!:)

Nothing sinister? So slavery, tribalism, genocide, self mutilation, racism and murder of others, all of which appear in the old testament, those aren't sinister?

And again, I don't want anyone or something I don't know to love me. Somehow bounding me by love is a sickening act, and its a repulsive addition to the religious belief.

M5 wrote: »
    You are claiming to be a scientist but making claims based on a 2000 year old book written by goat herders. The two don't sit well with each other!

If you are a scientist as you claim, why not pursue this. Submit a paper, have it reviewed and become the greatest mind of your generation?
    These 'goat-herders' so called built the pyramids of Egypt and the Temple in Jerusalem ... both wonders of the Ancient World that would test modern engineers to emulate.
    ... so a little more respect on your part would be merited for the Semitic people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

These 'goat-herders' so called built the pyramids of Egypt and the Temple in Jerusalem ... both wonders of the Ancient World that would test modern engineers to emulate.
    ... so a little more respect on your part would be merited for the Semitic people.

Then I suggest using the medical practices of the time also...

You didn't answer the second part of the post BTW. an oversight I'm sure!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's all a load of repeated mythology.
    http://www.atheismresource.com/2010/wtf-the-story-of-jesus-isnt-unique-of-course-it-isnt

Vinnie L wrote: »
    Where does he say so ?
    What he makes clear is love of neighbour is essential, if you've never heard of Christ or been taught a twisted version of what he taught, that is hardly your fault. Have you ever read everything he said for yourself ?

So you're saying you can get into heaven without accepting Christ? Interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Christians built the pyramids?

Religious belief is the ONLY thing that separates us from animals. It protects us from totalitarianism by giving us intellect.

The idea that such belief is evil is just the sort of inverted philosophical relativistic nonsense one would expect of craven unimaginative theophobes, who define themselves by what they hate. They follow the philosophy of hate.

We are animals on this planet, nothing is special about our existence on this earth other than our ability to think, or not think as it seems. It's something other animals on this planet have an advantage over us, so they don't make up fairy tales to make themselves feel better about life, or to somehow comfort the idea of the inevitable death.

Evil stems from religious beliefs, I don't need to prove it for you, just read some pleasant chapters from the Bible and see for yourself. You talk about imagination as if you have some upper hand in this department, even though you only accept one solum view and account for things, not much of an imagination for that?

Hate is more present in religion than any freethinkers mind. People who hate each other because of what part of christianity they follow? Sound familiar?

Do you have John Waters brand word of the day toilet paper you consult before your inane ramblings?

Nothing sinister? So slavery, tribalism, genocide, self mutilation, racism and murder of others, all of which appear in the old testament, those aren't sinister?
    Just accounts of sinful fallen men and their endeavours.
    And again, I don't want anyone or something I don't know to love me. Somehow bounding me by love is a sickening act, and its a repulsive addition to the religious belief.
    An aversion to love ... interesting.
    ... would you prefer that God hated you ... like the other guy does?

• Advertisement

Egyptian slaves wrote the bible now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Pretty sure he's talking about the jewish slave labour that were used by the Egyptians.

Next he'll be telling us Joseph was appointed Governor of Egypt.

The Isrealites who wrote the Old Testament ... and were called 'goat herders' by M5 .... did.

But Satan doesn't hate people, he hasn't even killed many compared to God, who gleefully wiped out millions of people and ordered the murder of infants. What did Satan do? convinced people to use the free will God instilled in them but didn't want them to use, resulting in "the fall" as you keep putting it.

Mens endeavours as they were ordered to by your exact god, so please try again on that one.

An aversion to love, why would I want love from something that has no evidence for existence, or why would I want someone who I have never met to love me?

What I would mainly prefer in all of this is for people to keep their sickly beliefs personal, so no compulsory love from a celestial dictatorship, so compulsory love from the bible loving people like you, I don't know you or require your love or beliefs, keep them personal and the world would be a better place.

Thinking for yourself is a far greater experience for life, rather than adhering to a primitive book from an illiterate part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Thinking for yourself is a far greater experience for life, rather than adhering to a primitive book from an illiterate part of the world.

I'd say you'd benefit greatly from a theological education.

Your pat dismissal of the more thoughtful posters here is coming across as uncouth.

smcgiff wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's talking about the jewish slave labour that were used by the Egyptians.

Next he'll be telling us Joseph was appointed Governor of Egypt.
    I will.

Acts 7:9-10
    9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

10 And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.

But Satan doesn't hate people, he hasn't even killed many compared to God, who gleefully wiped out millions of people and ordered the murder of infants. What did Satan do? convinced people to use the free will God instilled in them but didn't want them to use, resulting in "the fall" as you keep putting it.
    ... all of the deaths you speak of ... and all of the other deaths down the millennia are a direct result of Satan's actions in causing the Fall ... so Satan bears full moral responsibility along with Adam and Eve for everything you say and more.
    ... not that this will worry him too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

... all of the deaths you speak of ... and all of the other deaths down the millennia are a direct result of Satan's actions in causing the Fall ... so Satan bears full moral responsibility along with Adam and Eve for everything you say and more..
    ... not that this will worry him too much.

God was still the one killing them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Acts 7:9-10
    9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

10 And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.

And of course the Egyptians were famous for keeping records of officials from the pharaoh to minor officers, so someone as famous as the Governor of Egypt would surely have been recorded.

Where will I find such evidence, which will surely quieten those that think the bible is fantasy similar to Fionn mac Cumhaill's adventures.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement