Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin's theory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

There's nothing unfounded about the assertions, and the flaws in that post have been pointed out numerous times. Whatever about yourself, Dembski is a liar and a conman.
    Dr Jimbob ... I expected more from you than a limp statement that amounts to little better than 'oh he is ... and yes it is!!!'

Come on Jimbob ... destiny awaits ... I have given you the concise basis of ID, for you to precisely tell us where it's wrong ... and all you can manage is a handwave ... that the flaws have already been pointed out.

If they have ... I've either missed them ... or invalidated them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

J C wrote: »
    ... why? ... is it not true that your chip pan never was alive ... is not alive now ... and never will will be alive ... even if an infinity of multiverses exist?

indeed it is. but they didn't die... or become dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Dr Jimbob ... I expected more from you than a limp statement that amounts to little better than 'oh he is ... and yes it is!!!'

Come on Jimbob ... destiny awaits ... I have given you the concise idea for you to precisely tell us where it's wrong ... and all you can manage is a handwave ... that the flaws have already been pointed out.

If they have ... I've either missed them ... or invalidated them.

I dunno why you'd expect better from me, I've half much more half assed posts throughout this thread :pac:

You haven't invalidated any of the points though, you just repeat the same thing again, despite the fact the whole thing has no supporters I can find other than Dembski and yourself.

Saganist wrote: »
    Comparing death to inanimate objects.

OK. I'm out. Have fun. :pac:
    ... as Groucho Marx once said ... you should never leave in a huff ... always leave in a minute and a huff ... and if you can't do that ... leave in a taxi.

Come on Saganist ... stop avoiding the main dead thing on this thread ... Darwins dead theory ... and its 'slayer' ... the ID Hypothesis.

... as Groucho Marx once said ... you should never leave in a huff ... always leave in a minute and a huff ... and if you can't do that ... leave in a taxi.

Come on Saganist ... stop avoiding the main dead thing on this thread ... Darwins dead theory ... and its 'slayer' ... the ID Hypothesis.

Just to be very clear, the thanks is for the Groucho reference, not the dismissal of evolution!

• Advertisement

indeed it is. but they didn't die... or become dead...
    ... I agree ... they were always dead and never alive.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

... I agree ... they were always dead and never alive.:)

dude, I'm getting kind of fond of you.
    but your grasp of English is as bad as your grasp of science!

Just to be very clear, the thanks is for the Groucho reference, not the dismissal of evolution!
    ... OK ...so Darwins theory is dead ... but you're not going to give up thumping its chest and blowing second-hand air into its collapsed lungs.:)

... while new life in the form of ID awaits your undivided attention.:)

dude, I'm getting kind of fond of you.
    but your grasp of English is as bad as your grasp of science!
    love you too ... in a purely Christian way, of course!!

... OK ...so Darwins theory is dead ... but your not going to give up thumping its chest and blowing second-hand air into its collapsed lungs.:)

... while new life in the form of ID awaits your undivided attention.:)

It's not really though in fairness.

I really can't be bothered arguing about it anymore though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Forget ID. Tell us more about the aliens,any probes involved??

Chunners wrote: »
    But wait, does your belief not state that fossils can't exist because nothing existed before 6000 years ago when God said "Let there be life" whereas fossils are generally 250k years old? have you just admitted that life beyond 6000 years ago was possible and as such the bible was wrong?
    Fossilisation is a rapid process taking a few days in may cases ... and years at most. We find perfect fossils of leaves and skin and other things that wouldn't last more than a few hours before they would rot (or be re-cycled by being eaten by something).This indicates that they were fossilised very rapidly indeed.
    and also that Aliens exist because you have been visited by them so the premise that the universe was created only for humans is wrong too?
    We share the Earth with many other life-forms ... 'Aliens' are just more Divinely Created 'bio-diversity' that we are empowered to manage be custodians over.

kingchess wrote: »
    Forget ID. Tell us more about the aliens,any probes involved??
    None ... I think they knew better!!!:)

Any of you guys ever come across them?

It's not really though in fairness.

I really can't be bothered arguing about it anymore though!
    We can pick through its bones (Darwins Theory) to find useful things like how NS works with, for example, antibiotic resistance ... and why Peacocks survive despite their ridiculous (but wonderful) tails!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

We can pick through its bones (Darwins Theory) to find useful things like how NS works with, for example, antibiotic resistance.

Is that what you tell your doctor when he prescribes you a medicine that was produced via the study of evolutionary biology ?

Or do you take his word for it ? :pac:

Is that what you tell your doctor when he prescribes you a medicine that was produced via the study of evolutionary biology ?

Or do you take his word for it ? :pac:
    I don't need to take her word for it ... I know all about the research underpinning it ... and its valid.

I don't need to take her word for it ... I know all about the research underpinning it ... and its valid.

What's valid ?

What's valid ?
    The research on ab resistance and the role of NS and mutagenesis therein, for example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Fossilisation is a rapid process taking a few days in may cases ... and years at most. We find perfect fossils of leaves and skin and other things that wouldn't last more than a few hours before they would rot (or be re-cycled by being eaten by something.This indicates that they were fossilised very rapidly indeed.

We share the Earth with many other life-forms ... 'Aliens' are just more Divinely Created 'bio-diversity' that we are empowered to manage be custodians over.

It doesn't matter how rapid the process of fossilization is fossils are still aged at hundreds of thousands of years old, far older than your bible and your "6000" years

Why? why create a vast universe when all humans really need is a small planet? if it is intelligent design then why the waste of resources? why give lizards an x-men type power to regenerate limbs but not give it to humans who are suppose to be the at the top of your Gods creation abilities, why do cats exist? why do dogs exist? why does the duck billed platypus exist?

The research on ab resistance.

What about the Flu virus ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Fossilisation is a rapid process taking a few days in may cases ... and years at most. We find perfect fossils of leaves and skin and other things that wouldn't last more than a few hours before they would rot (or be re-cycled by being eaten by something.This indicates that they were fossilised very rapidly indeed.

There are many types of fossilisation, but all require very specific conditions, and all are rare events. One of the more general requirements is that subjects be rapidly buried, often in such a way as to retard decay or access by scavengers. Fossils generally form in the void or cavity left when the buried object eventually decays or its components are leached away: in effect they are a mineral cast of the shape of a vanished object. Fossilisation itself is not a rapid process, that's just the initial burial.

What about the Flu virus ?
    Vaccination after attenuation or inactivation is well established science ... the choice of which Flu strain(s) to use is the really difficult question.

Vaccination after attenuation or inactivation is well established science ... the choice of which Flu strain(s) to use is the really difficult question.

Do they not re-engineer it every year due to the evolution of the virus, hence the need to get re-vaccinated every year ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Tordelback wrote: »
    There are many types of fossilisation, but all require very specific conditions, and all are rare events. One of the more general requirements is that subjects be rapidly buried, often in such a way as to retard decay or access by scavengers. Fossils generally form in the void or cavity left when the buried object eventually decays or its components are leached away: in effect they are a mineral cast of the shape of a vanished object. Fossilisation itself is not a rapid process, that's just the initial burial.
    Fine fossilised structures are often mineralised ... but many fossils still contain the actual bones/shells of the creature that was fossilised.

You're correct that they were rapildy buried and on a global scale ... which points towards a Global water-based catastrophe ... and not slow sedimentation in the bottom of a tropical lagoon over millions of years, as conventional geology would have us believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You do know that this thread will have to stop when you get to 10,000 posts, so you can't win the internet, there are several threads that have already got to the 10k.

Do they not re-engineer it every year due to the evolution of the virus, hence the need to get re-vaccinated every year ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes the Flu virus changes continually ... but it always remains true to its Kind ... which is a virus.
    ... and the challenge is to predict which strains of the virus are going to be problematical ... and therefore requires vaccination against each year.

Fine fossilised structures are often mineralised ... but many fossils still contain the actual bones/shells of the creature that was fossilised.

You're correct that they were rapildy buried and on a global scale ... which points towards a Global water-based catastrophe ... and not slow sedimentation in the bottom of a tropical lagoon over millions of years, as conventional geology would have us believe.

Would that be the bones of dinosaurs and pre bible sea creatures?

looksee wrote: »
    You do know that this thread will have to stop when you get to 10,000 posts, so you can't win the internet, there are several threads that have already got to the 10k.
    Its not the winning, but the taking part, that I enjoy!!!:)

Would that be the bones of dinosaurs and pre bible sea creatures?
    It would be the bones of Dinosaurs, sea and land-based creatures.

• Advertisement

Yes the Flu virus changes continually ... but it always remains true to its Kind ... which is a virus.
    ... and the challenge is to predict which strain of the virus is going to be problematical ... and therefore requires vaccination against each year.

So what you are basically saying is it evolves? actually what you are saying is it has the ability to evolve in the space of a year, well done on proving God there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement