Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuel Stanley Range

Options
  • 09-10-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on this. I am building house at the moment and we are thinking of putting in a Solid Fuel Stanley Donard Range with Back Boiler and we are also planning to install the Heat Recovery System. We will have 26 radiators. Will the range heat all the heaters and will it work with the Heat Recovery System. Has anyone any experience of this??
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 saltandpepper

The Donard has a max output of 60000BTU's as I understand. You have 26 rads. You will need to get a calculation done on the BTU's needed to heat all of those if you chose to run them at the same time. For instance are your rads double or single and how small or large are they. This will determine the output needed by your range. Is your house single or two storey and with 26 rads it must be a substantial dwelling.

The fuel you use will determine the output of your boiler. The highest output will be from Anthricite or equivalent such as Ecobrite and the output will fall with wood and even more with turf. From experience I have found the Stanley will heat up to approx 12-13 rads of approx 7-8 ft using Ecobrite. I am not familiar with heat recovery system and much that improves the output but just giving you some of my experiences.hope some of it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Are you putting in an outside oil burner as well? A large range going full tilt trying to heat 26 rads would put you out of the kitchen. Something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

It might be like trying to fuel a boiler on the Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.........;-)

Advertisement