Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy a fifa remake?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

Say, FIFA 2004 on the PS4/Xbox One? Or any of them.

I'd say I probably would, I know it'll never happen though. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

04? Who played 04?

10-11 were the best of the series to date I think, defending was a lot less rage-inducing..

But 04??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

They are all remakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

miralize wrote: »
    04? Who played 04?

10-11 were the best of the series to date I think, defending was a lot less rage-inducing..

But 04??

2004 was great.

May just be because it was my first PS2 game when I was like 10 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Maybe Fifa 09 with some minor tweaks and nice graphics, will never happen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I don't understand this pining for FIFA from years ago like they were classics. FIFA gets better and better EVERY YEAR.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I would like to play the indoor mode that the older editions had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

France 98 seemed pretty good from memory.
    That was the time each FIFA really was leaps and bound different from the next with vast improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

fifa 12 was the best for me , I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

FIFA International Soccer was the classic of all classics surely. The era of the new beginning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

FIFA was PES' inferior for donkeys years, so no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

If they remade PES 5 or 6 with updated squads I'd be all over it like **** on a stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

No fifa sucked up until like 2012. fifa -4 was so bad as well.

drumswan wrote: »
    FIFA was PES' inferior for donkeys years, so no.

FIFA was around long before International Superstar Soccer!

Pre Pro Evo 3/4 FIFA was far superior. Pro Evo had proabably 3/4 good years in fairness

EdenHazard wrote: »
    No fifa sucked up until like 2012. fifa -4 was so bad as well.

FIFA 95/96/97 etc all the way up to 2002 was the top game at the time, all that was there besides it was Sensible Soccer or Pele Soccer Challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FIFA got lazy and PES hit a sweet spot and nailed the game spot on. from We2002 onwards PES was the best game but not the better selling.

FIFA and the licence will always sell more than any other game, they took the piss for a few years. From being a fifa hater for many years the last 2 are no very good games but I can play as Pats and thats their selling point and my buying reason, i dont really like FIFA but I want to play a football game as Pats and this is the only way.

So many issues with every release tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Euro 2008 game by EA was the grand return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

FIFA 95/96/97 etc all the way up to 2002 was the top game at the time, all that was there besides it was Sensible Soccer or Pele Soccer Challenge

Iss pro Evo 1 and 2 on the ps1 were better than the FIFA of the day in every single way.
    Pro Evo been around in 1 guise or another since the snes.
    Pro evo was the better game from roughly 99-00 until 2010 IMHO. Fifa been far superior since.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Iss pro Evo 1 and 2 on the ps1 were better than the FIFA of the day in every single way.
    Pro Evo been around in 1 guise or another since the snes.
    Pro evo was the better game from roughly 99-00 until 2010 IMHO. Fifa been far superior since.

11 years? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

11 years? :D

Actually no. I'm wrong. From FIFA 09 onwards it has been better. Which would be 2008 onwards. From the 2 games on ps1 until pes 2008 it had the edge IMO. Pes 2009 wasn't too bad but from 10 on they were far inferior to fifa. FIFA had the edge in the 16bit era too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Batesy wrote: »
    If they remade PES 5 or 6 with updated squads I'd be all over it like **** on a stick.

If you have a PC, you can download all the latest squads, kits, stadiums, FIFA commentary, boots, balls, flags, chats, faces, kits (kitserver!) cool TV scoreboards.... basically it's like a whole new game!

I'm still playing Pes06 fully patches like this. Nothing has come close so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement