Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New battery for a 125 Virago

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Batteries direct give good service (from personal experience, no doubt someone will disagree)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Thanks SweetCaliber,

Says its posted without acid pack, is it easy to fill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks SweetCaliber,

The acid pack is 6 bottles joined together with little foil caps.
    You take the pack and push it down onto the open battery fill holes, the holes usually pierce the foil and the acid drains into the battery.
    Give it a good tapping with a screwdriver handle or similar to remove any bubbles between the plates(very important).
    I used to let the battery sit for 30 min or so then tap again and then charge it on a motorcycle charger till its fully charged usually not very long.
    If any air is trapped between the plates it will lead to premature failure of the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Thanks SweetCaliber,

I presume you meant to say with the acid pack ;)

Follow what CJhaughey posted.

Oh also make sure not to get the acid on your hands or anywhere, be very careful its acid afterall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

CJhaughey wrote: »
    The acid pack is 6 bottles joined together with little foil caps.
    You take the pack and push it down onto the open battery fill holes, the holes usually pierce the foil and the acid drains into the battery.
    Give it a good tapping with a screwdriver handle or similar to remove any bubbles between the plates(very important).
    I used to let the battery sit for 30 min or so then tap again and then charge it on a motorcycle charger till its fully charged usually not very long.
    If any air is trapped between the plates it will lead to premature failure of the battery.
    I presume you meant to say with the acid pack ;)

Follow what CJhaughey posted.

Oh also make sure not to get the acid on your hands or anywhere, be very careful its acid afterall!

Cheers lads

Advertisement