Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting isofix fitted?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend where to get isofix brackets fitted to a car in limerick?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The dealer garage is the best place.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

Any garage will fit the brackets. A dealer is going to charge you at least an hours labour. If you are any way mechanically minded you can easily fit them yourself also....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Did I not read somewhere that unless fitted by main garage the iso bracked will not be an iso standard???.......or I may have dreamed that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I bought it off Amazon and did it myself.
    Pretty handy to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Be very careful for insurance and safety reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mrs.Curtin to be

mdwexford wrote: »
    I bought it off Amazon and did it myself.
    Pretty handy to do.

Really? Might give it a go myself altogether. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I think my local ford garage charged about e20 to fit them. I don't think I would chance it myself it's one thing I would definitely like done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Hey guys
    My wife has a Clio and I rang one garage to check if this particular year (04) had isofix and they said no and that was the extent of the conversation. So i rang another Renault dealer and he confirmed it didnt and there was no way of adding it now but what I am reading from this thread is that it is possible?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

sallymomo wrote: »
    Hey guys
    My wife has a Clio and I rang one garage to check if this particular year (04) had isofix and they said no and that was the extent of the conversation. So i rang another Renault dealer and he confirmed it didnt and there was no way of adding it now but what I am reading from this thread is that it is possible?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

No. Certain cars have the necessary holes for it to be retro-fitted. some dont.

Advertisement