Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists (Dublin or elsewhere)

Options
  • 09-10-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recommend good value dentists either in Dublin or possibly up North please?

Attended Smiles and they quoted me €350 for wisdom tooth extraction and €100 per filling?

Also €50 for scale and polish and €30 for OBG? (Not sure what OBG is, only saw it on the quote after I'd already left)

I've no medical insurance and no medical card, my PRSI covered the exam and basic x-ray only.

Thanks n advance for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

hi, I dont think we are allowed to make recommendations on the forum, I have sent you a pm.

Just got my wisdom teeth out today. I didn't have health insurance or a medical card either :( I was quoted for public and private care. Funnily enough private worked out fifty quid cheaper and I was booked in within days. Would have been put on a 10 month waiting list otherwise.

For all 4 of my wisdom teeth out it worked out at 950 euro. I'll pm you the name of the clinic and you can get a quote for yours. They are brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

OPG is an xray.

Smiles are about the cheapest going down here, your only other option for the extraction would be to get it done publicly in about a year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out in a clinic in Belfast a number of years ago, cost was approx €300 in total, cant remember the name though Im afraid.

As the poster above said, you will be hard pressed to get somewhere cheaper than Smiles. Ive been going to them recently and found them very good on a personal level and pretty reasonable price wise vs private practice dentists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out in a clinic in Belfast a number of years ago, cost was approx €300 in total, cant remember the name though Im afraid.

As the poster above said, you will be hard pressed to get somewhere cheaper than Smiles. Ive been going to them recently and found them very good on a personal level and pretty reasonable price wise vs private practice dentists.

Pearls Dental Care quoted me €350 for everything (not sure if they'd try add in xrays etc on the sly)

• Advertisement
Advertisement