Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stalker [CBS] [** Spoilers **]

• 09-10-2014 8:55pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Second episode gone up but I'm really really liking what I seen so far. The main characters both have serious issues that are bubbling there and I can definitely see it go places...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

What channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CBS in the States. Here soon though, I've seen ads on Sky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was hoping for something related to the Shadow of Chernobyl or even Tarkovsky's Stalker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    CBS in the States. Here soon though, I've seen ads on Sky.

Yes supposedly it is starting later this month or next on Sky Living

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I don't hold much faith in shows that Sky pushes to any other channels than Sky Atlantic but I could be missing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

enjoyed the first episode, I see it got slated by the critics but I didnt think it was that bad at all, worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I wasn't expecting much after a pre-air review or two I'd read but I was presently surprised. It's nice to see Maggie Q back on our screens again. I have to admit Hostages has given me a bit of a set on Dylan McDermott but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this show. I liked the premise and the execution in the pilot. I am having slow postage from the stateside cousins so haven't gotten round to episode 2 yet but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Yeah episode 2 was pretty good. The few scenes at the end set up an interesting couple of episodes ahead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah episode 2 was pretty good. The few scenes at the end set up an interesting couple of episodes ahead.
    The dialogue in her office brought a smile to my face: "Don't worry, I'm not here to
    tell them about you beating up me in the garage.
    I don't recall beating you up in the garage...
    "

Of course as I last recall her from the rebooted Nikita series it's all in line with expectations :P

Then again the initial comment
    About going out and having wild sex
    looks like it will have some fun implications down the line as you noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I don't hold much faith in shows that Sky pushes to any other channels than Sky Atlantic but I could be missing out

have you watched Hannibal?

• Advertisement

yes- got bored about 8 eps into S01, maybe it's just not my thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Good enough so far but I feel this has "cancelled" in it's future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'd question how much Mileage they can get out of a show based purely around Stalking , but for now I'm in .

Someone linked me to the avclub's review and while I've yet to watch the show the review felt like a hatchet piece by a disgruntled failed TV writer. Much like their atrocious reviews of Hostages last year there's a real sense that many of the writers there feel like they know better and attack a show for not doing exactly what they would do.

It started last night Sky Living, is it a different new case every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It started last night Sky Living, is it a different new case every week?

Yes but with a few very interesting storylines thrown in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm really liking were the plot is starting to go; esp.
    What looked like some relatively minor stalking in episode one is really blossoming out and the level of perverted enjoyment he's getting out of it all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm loving this show - up to episode 9 already and the lad with the obsession has just been caught out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

I enjoyed this show, hope it gets renewed. I still can't believe Dylan is in his 50's!

• Advertisement

Sadly it's looking like cancellation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sadly it's looking like cancellation.

Was thinking the same.. Lots of other shows around been renewed and still nothing about this.. Kinda raging if it does get pulled

Yeah I like it too. There is every chance they'll wrap up the main story (Beth/Michelle) this season though. Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Crap - hope it doesnt get cancelled but hard to see where they would go in season 2

I also think it's far fresher than Criminal Minds has been for years.

I know CM is around a long time but I watch it only out of habit these days. Really liking all the team on Stalker and was looking forward to more of their back story's.

Definitely. The stories on Stalker are much more interesting. CM is incredibly stale at the moment, needs a big shake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mira Sorvino Joins Stalker in a recurring role.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/mira-sorvino-cast-stalker-1201366307/

Wow now that was an ending.

This show is great it will be a huge shame is it doesn't get renewed.

I watched 2 episodes and got the sense that the last 5 minutes of each were the only exciting parts, seems I should give it a bit more time

• Advertisement

Great episode and what an ending awsome cliffhanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

episode 18, finally Beth story line concluded ;)
    stalker dead

Stalker Season 2 Plans Confirmed, But Will It Escape Cancellation?

Advertisement