Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Compliant over quality of care - Car Insurance

Options
  • 09-10-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi Sean,Elaine, Cathy & Lisa,

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have an open query with my policy which I would like to post here.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The issue is in relation to the renewal of it and I would be most grateful if you could assist.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Before I start, the person I dealt with today said they would  email me in regards this and has not.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Unlawful Renewal Claim[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My issue is that I did not want my policy renewed and yet it was. Now Liberty is refusing to refund me.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The argument given by the agent was my renewal letter said it would automatically renew.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]In relation to this, on receipt of the letter I rang Liberty and explicitly 'DID NOT RENEW' the policy,  the agent I spoke today acknowledged this today.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]However for some reason the policy renewed, to which I still don't know why it did nor could the agent give a reasonable explanation.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I would also like to make one further point.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The only renewal invitation letter I got was for 640 yet the policy renewal letter I received shows it was renewed for 577. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This constitutes a change in the terms.and therefore liberty's argument about having the right to automatically renew is completely unlawfully action.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Liberty had absolutely no contractual right to Direct Debit my account without my consent in the amount of 48.01.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Option 1:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I invite Liberty to recongise there mistake and issue me with a refund and an apology letter. If this is done I will not escalate the matter to the Financial Ombudsman in relation to unauthorized direct debit.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Option 2:

If Liberty wants to investigate this further and not issue a refund, I would like a formal letter sent to me within 5 working days stating the exact contractual conditions they are acting within.

I would also like to request a complete copy of all records Liberty have in relation to me either in electronic or hard copy form, this includes transcripts of all calls made to your call center, please consider this a request under the Freedom of Information act.

If I have not heard from Liberty Insurance in writing to the above by the 16th October, this will automatically be considered an acceptance of the above complaint in full and will therefore be obliged to issue the refund as per option 1.

Kind regards[/font]

Comments

Advertisement