Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What methods or schools are recommended for learning English?

• 09-10-2014 9:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to help my girlfriend improve her English. Searching online I read about things like the Callan method, and hoping someone can tell me if this is good and why? Also what schools are good in Dublin city center? The one she is in now she does not like, but others are incredibly expensive.

Any anyone advise please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭CiboC

Considering the recent bad press about unrecognised English language schools, you should make sure that whichever school you choose is recognised by ACELS/QQI.

There are a number of well established, Department of Education recognised schools in the city centre that are MEI members too. Off the top of my head there are:

Dublin School of English
    Centre of English Studies
    Alpha College
    Swan Training Centre

and others too. Most of them will be happy to discuss your girlfriend's requirements and may offer a trial lesson.

See the mei and acels websites for further details.

Advertisement