Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Board for De Dietrich oven

Options
  • 10-10-2014 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

The part on the circuit board which controls the main oven element is gone on my Mothers oven.

She has been quoted a massive €268 for this to be replaced so I thought I would see if I can source it anywhere myself.

Its a self cleaning oven but I can't seem to find the model number anywhere on it nor in the manual.

Does anyone know if

a) Its a standard circuit board for all these types of De Diterich ovens and
    b) Where I could order/get my hands on one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Looks like they really cost that much:mad:

http://www.4de-dietrich.co.uk/catalogue.pl?path=638296&refine=board&t=8068.98653918431

Thats just one site just throw dietrich spares in google and try the uk sites usually cheaper in my experience

Re model number nothing on door seals or back of the unit itself

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

My mother had a guy in to have a look at it as we thought it was just the element that needed replacing. he told her that it was this part and that it would cost this much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Feckin disaster sorry i cant be any more help .

You should wait and see if Sir Arthur Daly comments,he helped me out when i needed help sourcing an odd ball element for a friend.

Best of luck getting it sorted:o

cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

markst33 wrote: »
    cheers.

Can it be repaired.
    There's companies that fix boards And advise on what caused the damage if anything.
    Don't know if they do ovens but I'll check

• Advertisement

The guy who looked at it from Mastercare said that it required a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Can you post up a pic of the oven op, try and get a model number for you. One thing you have to consider is how the board blew, is there a damaged external component that blew the board and will do the same on the new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Can you post up a pic of the oven op, try and get a model number for you. One thing you have to consider is how the board blew, is there a damaged external component that blew the board and will do the same on the new one.
    Usually I try to source 2nd hand board from an old machine when fixing my own stuff
    It's just not economically viable to pay a repairman

But like you say you have to know if a connected part caused the damage or its just a faulty board

Hi Mguys,

the repairman has since said that he cannot get that part in Ireland. It is the printed circuit board for the control panel and the part that controls the heating element is gone.

The model number if De Dietrich Catalytic Model DOC740B1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if the pcb display just blinks its most likely a capacitor within the board that is faulty which your local electrician should be able to identify, otherwise I would suspect one of the relays .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 material

You could also check the over-temp safety cut-out on some De Dietrich pyrolitic / pyro-clean ovens.

The over-temp device would be located beneath the top cover of the oven.

The device has a small raised red button and if it has operated, when and you press the red button it will latch when pressed back in.

Hi Guys, the Model number of the oven is DOP740B1. It is a Pyro cleaning oven and is only 6 years old.

the part that has gone is the Power Card AS6005752

I have contacted a couple of De Dietrich suppliers in the UK and they confirmed that this part was obsolete. I then rang De Dietrich in the UK but they said that I would have to contact the manufacturing plant in France.

I took the top off the oven last night and took photos of the power card.

It seems ludicrous that a very expensive oven should be made totally useless because a circuit board has become obsolete.

Anyone got any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Hi
    As someone noted, there are places in England that repair Boards I had a Panasonics Microwave Oven where the cct board went they had a repair service for this board I realize this is a urgent so maybe you cannot wait. I do not remember the name of the company but if you do a search you will come across them.

Best of luck in your Search

Advertisement