Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage 20% scenario

Options
  • 10-10-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey I have a 16% deposit will I really need to have 20% surely this will be sufficient

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Al 25, 

Many thanks for our post.

We have extensive mortgage information here
    The website also has details on how to arrange a meeting with an advisor or arrange a call-back at a convenient time that suits you. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

Sorry its very straight forward my partner and I are looking at a house thats 350000 I have a 17% deposit which is just under 60000 and outstanding savings history would I get a mortgage or not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Al 25

Sorry we can't give a definitive answer here, as applications are dealt with on a case to case basis and also terms and conditions apply. 

It will be best to speak with an Advisor within this Department. Our Advisors will be happy to answer all of your queries in relation to your mortgage application and assist you with the process also.

Thanks
    Alison

Oh yeah go through all the hoops waste time and yours and the answer will be a big fat no , very simple question that cant be answered other massive reason why alot of people wont bank with u guys and why your bank has a such a bad name and your business goes to ebs .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Al 25 wrote: »
    Oh yeah go through all the hoops waste time and yours and the answer will be a big fat no , very simple question that cant be answered other massive reason why alot of people wont bank with u guys and why your bank has a such a bad name and your business goes to ebs .
    Thanks

Will you calm down, nobody is going to answer a question like that online. You are only talking to a PR person. If the mortgage requires 20% and you have 17% the answer is no. You can't ask if you will get a mortgage or not on that one factor.

Personally I don't bank here but have never heard anything about them having a bad name.

You will probably need to jump through the hoops to get an answer but no sensible person would answer you without all the information they need. The bank wont know if you will get a mortgage until you have fully completed the application.

Your posts don't seem mature enough for you to get a mortgage.

• Advertisement

Garl T I talked to two other banks on friday and they gave a conclussive answer .

Garl T I talked to two other banks on friday and they gave a conclussive answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

They told you that you could have a mortgage by you just telling them how much you have saved. No wonder this country went to **** with things like that going on.

So is it two banks and EBS or do you think EBS is a bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Gimme a mortgage!!!

Gotta love the attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

I sincerely doubt this is the case, at best they would give approval in principal, but with just that detail? No!

To be fair, BOI are the only one who give full approval in 24 hours, so why not just be a grown up and apply? It's the only way you get a proper answer, and the only way you SHOULD get a proper answer, can't get approval on hypothetical scenarios

I sincerely doubt this is the case, at best they would give approval in principal, but with just that detail? No!

• Advertisement
Advertisement