Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help moving and renaming files

• 10-10-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭

Not sure if I am posting in the right forum here but hopefully someone will be able to help. I get the majority of my movies from a private tracker. These movies are downloaded and seeded from a Seedbox that I have. I then ftp into the seedbox and download the files to my server at home. Once the files have downloaded, I move them to a different folder where they are post processed by either Sickbeard or couchpotato and moved to the correct shared media folder on the server. What I would really like to do is automate some or all of this process. Finding files and adding them to the seedbox is working fine and post processing is also working fine 99% of the time. The issue is that I only have 3Mb broadband at home so it can take a while for stuff to download so I have to download the files to one folder and then move them to my couchpotato processing folder because if I let couchpotato process the folder where the files are initially downloaded to, it jumps the gun and processes them before they are finished downloading. If anyone has a similar setup or a solutioncould they let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

On the seedbox is there a temp download directory setting or what client are you using ?
    I use Transmission and this has a temp download directory then when the download is finished it puts it into a finished downloading folder where couch Potatoe or sickrage will move it to the correct folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

The problem is that my seedbox is on a remote server somewhere in europe. The downloading and processing of files is handled by Rutorrent on the seedbox, I then have to ftp into the seedbox and direct download to my home server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Are you able to change any settings on the seedbox ? or can you jsut ftp into it ?

Maybe I wasnt clear. The seedbox is working grand, m,y problem, is that when I download the file directly to my home server, I have to move it a second time in order for couchpotato to process the folder.
    Example:
    Movie x - Stored on remote seedbox\downloads\complete

Then

I ftp the file onto homeserver\tempdownloads\movies

Then

I move the file to homeserver\tempmovies

Then

Couchpotato processes that folder and moves it to homeserver\sharedfolder\movies

I cant set couchpotato to process the homeserver\tempdownloads\movies folder because the files can take anything from 5-10 hours to download and if I point couchpotato to this folder it will try to process the file before it is finished downloading and it all goes pearshaped :(

I know this is very convoluted but its necessary for me as I have to use a seedbox in order to keep a good ratio on the private tracker so direct downloading to my homeserver is not really an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Seems what you need is a ftp/download software that will store the download (from the seed box) in a temp directory until completed, and then automatically move the completed download to somewhere of your choosing.

• Advertisement

Seems what you need is a ftp/download software that will store the download (from the seed box) in a temp directory until completed, and then automatically move the completed download to somewhere of your choosing.
    That's exactly what I need, is there such a thing?

johnybean wrote: »

Yes .... but might be OS dependent ...... what OS are you using?

Yes .... but might be OS dependent ...... what OS are you using?

Windows 7

Windows 7

As transmission has been mentioned previously I wonder if you tried it?

I don't use Windows so cannot comment from personal experience.

As transmission has been mentioned previously I wonder if you tried it?

I don't use Windows so cannot comment from personal experience.

Is transmission not a torrent download client?

• Advertisement

Is transmission not a torrent download client?

:( Sorry, seems to be ....... what about FileZilla?

:( Sorry, seems to be ....... what about FileZilla?

That's what I'm using at the moment, just straight forward downloading with filezilla I'm afraid. If I could find a programme that does what filezilla does and then transfers the file when it's finished downloading then I would be so happy

Only (apparently) suitable software I found for Win is a 'paid' product .... AutoFTP Manager

which seems capable of doing what you need according to this

http://www.deskshare.com/forums/ds_postst749_Move-Files-to-Another-Directory-After-FTP-Transfer.aspx
    In the latest version of Auto FTP Manager you can delete or move files to a different folder after transferring. Edit your automated transfer profile, select the Transfer Rules tab and check the 'After Transfer' box. Choose move and click the location button to choose where to move the files.

Only (apparently) suitable software I found for Win is a 'paid' product .... AutoFTP Manager

which seems capable of doing what you need according to this

http://www.deskshare.com/forums/ds_postst749_Move-Files-to-Another-Directory-After-FTP-Transfer.aspx
    Thanks for that Johny, might do some more looking around for a free option. If I can't get one I might give AutoFTP a lash. 38 snots is a bit steep though

Thanks for that Johny, might do some more looking around for a free option. If I can't get one I might give AutoFTP a lash. 38 snots is a bit steep though

At least you can 'try before buy' to ensure it works as you would wish.

You might find something useful (and current) on this page ...

http://alternativeto.net/software/kget/

Advertisement