Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to spend on a 2yrs birthday?

• 10-10-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

How much should I spend on my sons 2nd birthday? It's next month and so far I have 3 gifts wrapped. Two are big and one little small one. It's only come to about 30 euro though as things are on sale. I feel like I should get a few more gifts as he is an only child or just leave it? 30 euro seems a bit cheap?!

We will also be getting him cake and bringing him to a playbarn.

Takes for imput!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

You've got it spot on already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I think that is plenty, a 2 year old is not going to know how much things cost so wont know if you spent a lot or a little! To be honest at that age they will prob be more interested in the box/package it comes in rather the gift itself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

ok great :) thanks everyone. First child and have no idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

what you have and are doing is perfect.
    enjoy the day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I'd spend about 10 hrs with them. Worth more than toys. Go to the park. Blow out candles. Pet some animals. Take pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Some candles, a cake and fun.... That's all you need to do.

The presents are a bonus ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Three gifts that your child will like. Bit of cake and a trip to a playbarn. Sounds pretty perfect to me.

No need to spend loads if you can have a great day without. Save it for when he's older and pointing out things he wants like a tablet or a bike for example. You'll be dreaming of the days when €30 had the presents sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Chances are the child will enjoy the box and wrapping as much as the toy, no need to spend much. Make a nice cake and take lots of pics.
    Our lad that was 2 in March still gets a kick pointing at a picture of himself blowing the candles out on his "car cake" in the kitchen.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I remember my 3 year olds 2nd birthday all she wanted was a magic wand for her and her sister:) 3 euro had it sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

My little guy is 2 next week and I have him 2 big presents and 1 small thing. Total €15, all secondhand. I may get him 1 more thing for €10 but it depends on if it's available or not as it's something that was in Aldi and Lidl last year the week before and the week of his birthday, so if it's in again this year I'll get it. It's not about the cost, it's about getting him something that he will enjoy and hopefully get use from.

We're planning a party the weekend before his birthday, mainly as we've just moved into a new house and a 2 year old's birthday party is my current idea of a wild housewarming. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My son's birthday is very close to Christmas which is presents galore here so last year on his 4th birthday was the first time he got a birthday present :o There didn't seem to be any need when he was barely aware of what was going on. Cake, a big fuss being made of them and a nice day trip is all they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I've got his gifts and play center booked and will have a cake too :) I can't believe how cheap it all was. We have spend a total of about 21 euro for Christmas so far too. Thanks for all the feedback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

as others have said spending time with him is more important. As for how much you spend on him. he'd be happy with a little truck from deals for 1.49. they've no concept of price at that age. Put your money in the bank because there will come a time when he'll want something more expensive.

Advertisement