Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Delivery Sybsystem failure emails and spamarrest.com

• 10-10-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Over last few days I got a dozen of emails (all fake) reporting about failed email delivery. All emails had return patch set to different non-existing accounts @ my domain. A few minutes ago I got an email (again to a non-existing email account) from "an user" of spamarrest.com:

"Edward here,

I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail.

Please click the link below to complete the verification process.
    You have to do this only once.

[link removed]

Spam Arrest - Take control of your inbox!

You are receiving this message in response to your email to
    Edward, a Spam Arrest customer.

Spam Arrest requests that senders verify themselves before
    their email is delivered.

When you click the above link, you will be taken to a page
    with a graphic on it. Simply read the word in the graphic,
    type it into the form, accept the Sender Agreement, and
    you're verified.

You have to do this only once per Spam Arrest customer."

Is it their marketing strategy to send spam and then offer to control it or it's just another "we want to get your details" webpage?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

More likely you were faked as the sender and one of the spams hit a spamarrest user, hence the challenge response.

Advertisement