Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber in Bagenalstown , Co Carlow

Options
  • 10-10-2014 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Will this be switched on this month ? it says its due this month on the fibre map

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

threein99 wrote: »
    Will this be switched on this month ? it says its due this month on the fibre map
    Hi threein99

It is still planned for this month however delays can happen, having contacted efibre operations they feel that there is a chance it could well be delayed but until we receive official confirmation I will have no further news on this for you. I advise getting back to me around the 24th and I'll check this again for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hi threein99

It is still planned for this month however delays can happen, having contacted efibre operations they feel that there is a chance it could well be delayed but until we receive official confirmation I will have no further news on this for you. I advise getting back to me around the 24th and I'll check this again for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Will do, thanks

Hi threein99

Thanks
    Al
    Will do, thanks
    No worries threein99

Al

Hi threein99

Thanks
    Al
    Will do, thanks
    No worries threein99

Al
    Any news when this will be available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi threein99

Thanks
    Al
    Will do, thanks
    No worries threein99

Al
    Any news when this will be available ?

Hi threein99.

Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bigcarmouse

they turned on Ballymoon yesterday.

YES Ballymoon..ie the middle of no where outside town Bagenalstown. Burnside engineering cant get it,  I checked.

The most important cab STILL not even given a live date is the one near the industrial estate, on the royal oak road.

UNBELIEVABLE. 

30 large to small business are waiting month after month of delays. And they connect up the Cab of little of no customers will sign up to. 

For this reason and this reason alone. I'm leaving Eircom after 3 years of being a business and home customer. 

You might as well be trying to wake up a dead horse. The stupidity of logic ,in order of faster internet to where its needed NOW.

Lot of the local business people are all talking about this. I hope Eircom loose a lot of business. Vodafone are cheaper anyway, with unlimited mobile calls included in a bundle. I made sure I was out of contract.

Local business owner.

Eircom, what plan, do you have in order of live Cabs? none it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Eircom, what plan, do you have in order of live Cabs? none it would seem.
    Hi bigcarmouse

I am unable to go in to detailed reasoning as to why different cabinets may be enabled at different times as such detailed information at the Network planning level is unavailable to me. The rollout of efibre is continuing countrywide on a phased basis.

Although we do not offer guaranteed dates of availability to individual addresses if you wish to PM me your Phone number I can check if I can find any more information for you.

thanks
    Colm 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Hi bigcarmouse

I am unable to go in to detailed reasoning as to why different cabinets may be enabled at different times as such detailed information at the Network planning level is unavailable to me.
    thanks
    Colm 

Who can provide this information Colm?

Your communications manager, rollout mananger, area manager?

If you can't provide us this information what good are you?

Seems to me all yee do is use the online phone checker and then say it's not available yet, hopefully it will be soon, it's in planning.

You know what you should do?

Put up a big sticky thread up, telling everyone not to ask about efibre availability, because yee don't have a clue what's going on.

It would be alot more helpful than what yee are doing now.

Every thread I go into about efibre availability, it's the same ****.

No information at all, completely useless.

Do us all a favour and put up sticky saying don't ask, we have no clue.

thierry14 wrote: »
    Hi bigcarmouse

I am unable to go in to detailed reasoning as to why different cabinets may be enabled at different times as such detailed information at the Network planning level is unavailable to me.
    thanks
    Colm 

Who can provide this information Colm?

Your communications manager, rollout mananger, area manager?

If you can't provide us this information what good are you?

Seems to me all yee do is use the online phone checker and then say it's not available yet, hopefully it will be soon, it's in planning.

You know what you should do?

Put up a big sticky thread up, telling everyone not to ask about efibre availability, because yee don't have a clue what's going on.

It would be alot more helpful than what yee are doing now.

Every thread I go into about efibre availability, it's the same ****.

No information at all, completely useless.

Do us all a favour and put up sticky saying don't ask, we have no clue.
    well said...

just to piss off eircom, i'll go with vodafone IF and when the cab is turned on. 

bcm.

• Advertisement

Any news on this ? its says its up and running on the fibre map ?

Any news on this ? its says its up and running on the fibre map ?
    Hi threein99

Not all lines will qualify as coverage is based on the deployment of cabinets. Check this map out for more information on coverage in your area: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll check plans for you specific area

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

MBG1_005 (royal oak industrial estate) - Live mid Jan 2015.
    MBG1_001 (opposite tech school) - Live now.
    MBG1_010 (opposite De La Salle) - Live now.
    MBG1_009 (Ballymoon) - Live now.
    MBG_002 Conway park, the cab is not even built! And all the houses there!!

Its completely hit and miss, if your lucky enough to get Efibre. 

For example opposite the De La Salle, according to the checker on Eircom web site, the school cant get it! But CAB just outside !!
    BUT! Lots of local address on Royal Oak road can get it. So I don't know.

Any ideas?? Also see the numbering of the CABs. Does that mean they are going to build numbers 003,004,006,007 etc??

Mark.

markmurphy wrote: »

For example opposite the De La Salle, according to the checker on Eircom web site, the school cant get it! But CAB just outside !!

Any ideas?? Also see the numbering of the CABs. Does that mean they are going to build numbers 003,004,006,007 etc??

Mark.
    I'm in Eastwood and this is the reply I got when i asked when it would be live for our phoneline.

efibre planning and operations have advised me that they will be unable to offer an indication of when you could expect efibre although they have advised me that they should have more news on this in mid 2015

I'm not holding my breath 

Mark.
    I'm in Eastwood and this is the reply I got when i asked when it would be live for our phoneline.

efibre planning and operations have advised me that they will be unable to offer an indication of when you could expect efibre although they have advised me that they should have more news on this in mid 2015

Eastwood. CAB outside school just down from you. You can only HOPE(!) that your included in the roll out! Did you try it since?

Also maybe the CAB just down from Conway park, they might stick you on that. I cant figure out why they did not finish that one first before bally fecking moon !!! See 2 cones on it today. 

It said last Sat. Im  not in fibre area, but Sunday I could order it! So don't take that checker to serious. 

I nearly wet myself when I checked the checker thingy, to find out I can order it! And ill get 15 meg downloads !! Ill believe it when its in ! But not going to  install till start of Jan. But least I have a date now. Checked the next door houses they all come up with 25 meg , so hopefully I'll get 25. 

Be very very happy with that. 

M. 

Mark.

Eastwood. CAB outside school just down from you. You can only HOPE(!) that your included in the roll out! Did you try it since?

Also maybe the CAB just down from Conway park, they might stick you on that. I cant figure out why they did not finish that one first before bally fecking moon !!! See 2 cones on it today. 

It said last Sat. Im  not in fibre area, but Sunday I could order it! So don't take that checker to serious. 

I nearly wet myself when I checked the checker thingy, to find out I can order it! And ill get 15 meg downloads !! Ill believe it when its in ! But not going to  install till start of Jan. But least I have a date now. Checked the next door houses they all come up with 25 meg , so hopefully I'll get 25. 

Be very very happy with that. 

M. 
    Still saying we are not in a fibre area.

We get a reliable 12-14 mb down load speed as it is anyways so I'm not in any rush for it

Any truth that all the CABs in Bagenalstown are still not working?
    Probably a pile of lies. But just wondering??
    Another one goes live tomorrow 7th Jan I see.

M.

Any truth that all the CABs in Bagenalstown are still not working?
    Probably a pile of lies. But just wondering??
    Another one goes live tomorrow 7th Jan I see.

M.
    Hi markmurphy

The cabinet at St. Lazerians Street has launched but the cabinet at Royal Oak road is due to launch this month.

Thanks
    Al

Ordered my Efibre today !

Cab went live today at Royal Oak , outside Tanco.

I'm 700 -800 M from Cab, said I'd get 25 meg and 10 up. So if thats the case, be brilliant.

Anyone else gone/going Efibre in Bagenalstown ?

Mark.

Ordered my Efibre today !

Cab went live today at Royal Oak , outside Tanco.

I'm 700 -800 M from Cab, said I'd get 25 meg and 10 up. So if thats the case, be brilliant.

Anyone else gone/going Efibre in Bagenalstown ?

Mark.
    Good to hear this markmurphy

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Bagenalstown (Muine Bheag) Efibre down?

I have an install next Tuesday. 

I'm told no one has Efibre in Bagenalstown yet, even though its live for least a month. 

According to one friend they came to house. An hour later they said its not live and put back the DSL. Even though the maps say it is?

No reschedule date. But maybe its just one Cab and not them all? Think there are 4 live (?) and waiting on 2 to be built. 

Does anyone from Bagenalstown read these messages??!? I'll know Tuesday anyway.

Mark.

Bagenalstown (Muine Bheag) Efibre down?

I have an install next Tuesday. 

I'm told no one has Efibre in Bagenalstown yet, even though its live for least a month. 

According to one friend they came to house. An hour later they said its not live and put back the DSL. Even though the maps say it is?

No reschedule date. But maybe its just one Cab and not them all? Think there are 4 live (?) and waiting on 2 to be built. 

Does anyone from Bagenalstown read these messages??!? I'll know Tuesday anyway.

Mark.

Maybe ask in the Carlow thread

Mark.

Hi threein99

Such advice suggests that there is no activation date available for operations to suggest when you can expect efibre.

I'm sorry we can't offer you better news on this

Al

Hi threein99

Such advice suggests that there is no activation date available for operations to suggest when you can expect efibre.

I'm sorry we can't offer you better news on this

Al

No problem.

Gone live in Royal oak area , in Bagenalstown..

I'm getting 18 meg down and 5 up.

BUT! the eircom guy says it can be faster, but has to settle for 2 days.

nice.

M.

ps: still cant post links??wtf?

nice.

M.

I would expect much quicker, we get 12-14 meg download as it is without fibre.

nice.

M.

I would expect much quicker,  we get 12-14 meg download as it is without fibre.
    Well that's true....had 9 meg....getting 18 now..and hopefully 30+ in 2 days...BUT!

the internet experience is much better. click..BAM! loads up...the upload it very good. 

I'm happy with this 18 speed at moment..looking forward to see what it can go up to.

Keep in mind, I don't live in Bagenalstown ! I'm over 1.5K away. 

M.

nice.

M.

I would expect much quicker, we get 12-14 meg download as it is without fibre.
    Well that's true....had 9 meg....getting 18 now..and hopefully 30+ in 2 days...BUT!

the internet experience is much better. click..BAM! loads up...the upload it very good.

I'm happy with this 18 speed at moment..looking forward to see what it can go up to.

Keep in mind, I don't live in Bagenalstown ! I'm over 1.5K away.

M.
    Hi markmurphy

I'm glad you're happy with the internet experience in general. The best advice I can offer in relation to increasing speeds is to get in touch with technical support via Instant WebChat: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

There IS a problem in Bagenalstown..one of the Cabs are not working right. Not sure which one.

Cause know a few people with it now in town. But others ordered it. and its on stand by at moment..

I can tell you its not the out on royal oak road, outside industrial estate.  I'm on that one.
    And a friend near the Tech school got installed today also. So I dont know.

Lots of people waiting on the one down from Conway park. Not built yet.

• Advertisement

Latest news!

Building a CAB in Cummins park today..its just started...

Well I take it , thats what they doing...the KN lads are there digging and stuff !

Mark.

Advertisement