Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber in Bagenalstown , Co Carlow

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

markmurphy wrote: »
    Latest news!

Building a CAB in Cummins park today..its just started...

Well I take it , thats what they doing...the KN lads are there digging and stuff !

Mark.
    Hi markmurphy

The following map will offer clarity on placement of cabinets  (click on NGA fibre broadband network)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

Latest news!

Well I take it , thats what they doing...the KN lads are there digging and stuff !

Mark.
    Hi markmurphy

The following map will offer clarity on placement of cabinets  (click on NGA fibre broadband network)

Thanks
    Al
    that map takes months to update...zzzz!

Mark.

on that note..

Most of bagenalstown have still no Efibre enabled. There are only 2 Cabs actually working for sure.

Royal oak cab (near industrial estate)
    and Ballymoon.

The other one has still technical problems. No one is connected to it yet. How do I know? (I know people on Efibre at the moment)

I know piles of people ordered it in middle of town(eg Kilree st, main st), and the all waiting on a update. They got an order date, but now its all stopped. And no reason given.

The one outside the Tech. school up town, I don't know either. 

Well least most of the businesses in royal oak industrial estate(including me) are(have) ordering it now. So I suppose business comes first. 

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

According to the map, 950 premises can access 100Mb fibre from the Exchange down by the river.  I'm 700m from the exchange but still can't get it :rolleyes:

Latest news!

Mark.
    WOOPS! I was wrong about that..but the KN van was there..but gone now!! Nothing in place...PAssed it today.

• Advertisement

ike wrote: »
    According to the map, 950 premises can access 100Mb fibre from the Exchange down by the river.  I'm 700m from the exchange but still can't get it :rolleyes:
    Suppose ya may wait till the actual exchange goes live. But that could be a year or so. None of them done yet, as far as I know. OR maybe you on the cummins park cab, which is not even built yet !

I love my new 40 down and 12 up connection!! a pleasure to use the net. I'll know everything in a few weeks !!!

YUP!

Some people giving out Fiber is not parts of B-town yet..

Good news is, Cummins park CAB is being built. At it again today.

M. 

Going live at the exchange on 6th May 2015. 

And Cab is in place now, down from cummins park!

Still a lot of people I know really pissed off they cant get it yet!

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

M.

Is that cab the one at the bottom of Hurleys lane? I noticed it had been finished this week alright.

threein99 wrote: »

M.

Is that cab the one at the bottom of Hurleys lane?  I noticed it had been finished this week alright.
    Hi threein99

You can view the locations of cabinets here (click on NGA fibre broadband network) : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

M.

Is that cab the one at the bottom of Hurleys lane?  I noticed it had been finished this week alright.
    Hi threein99

You can view the locations of cabinets here (click on NGA fibre broadband network) : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al
    Cheers

M.

Just up from the national kids school..Is there one at Hurleys lane? Don't think so. (Ill be in town in an hour, if there is one, ill take a pic).
    As the Eircom guy just said check the map. Its all ways about 2-3 weeks late in updating. 

Also when you finally get Fibre (and its great!!) get that guy(find him on boards.ie) to unlock the modem for you for 20 euro. Why?
    Cause eircom dont allow the latest firmware. I'm getting an extra 2 meg (all adds up!) and its much more "snapper" when browsing. 

M.

M.

Just up from the national kids school..Is there one at Hurleys lane? Don't think so. (Ill be in town in an hour, if there is one, ill take a pic).
    As the Eircom guy just said check the map. Its all ways about 2-3 weeks late in updating. 

Also when you finally get Fibre (and its great!!) get that guy(find him on boards.ie) to unlock the modem for you for 20 euro. Why?
    Cause eircom dont allow the latest firmware. I'm getting an extra 2 meg (all adds up!) and its much more "snapper" when browsing. 

M.
    Cheers for the positive feedback markmurphy  :)I'm sure the guy knows what to do to prevent issues however some modifications / changes may conflict with eircoms recommended settings

Cheers

Al

Bagenalstown exchange went live 2 days ago..Anyone get a install date?

M.

Still can't get it, the map still shows the status of 2 cabs as Fibre Build Commenced. The one by the river has a completion date of 6th! and other one (Conway Park entrance) still says build commenced

Still can't get it, the map still shows the status of 2 cabs as Fibre Build Commenced. The one by the river has a completion date of 6th! and other one (Conway Park entrance) still says build commenced
    Hi ike

If you are an eircom customer I might be able to find out what cabinet your line is connected to - feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll check.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, Just PM'd you

Thanks Al, Just PM'd you
    Cheers ike

I've had to request clarification from Network operations - I'll be back to you as soon as I have more information.

Cheers!
    Al

Any chance I could be told what exchange Im on ? I'm after sending about 5 private messages now without reply.

Any chance I could be told what exchange Im on ? I'm after sending about 5 private messages now without reply.
    Sincere apologies for missing your PM's threein99

Your line is connected to Mhuine bheag exchange

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al
    There is 3 exchanges on the map, how do I know which one ?  2 are saying they are live and one is in the completion stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Only one is an exchange the others are fibre cabinets . You can tell which one is the exchange by the E01 number after the ID on the exchange mine where I live is DLK1_E01 E standing for exchange. Mine is also saying completion work in progress finally the rest of the town has gone live through the cabinets . I asked them how long it would take they replied and said by the start of June it should be live .

Thanks
    Al
    There is 3 exchanges on the map, how do I know which one ?  2 are saying they are live and one is in the completion stage
    Hi threein99

I believe you mean Cabinet in this case rather than exchange - the cabinet your line is served by is MBG1_002

Thanks

Al

Thanks
    Al
    Hi threein99

I believe you mean Cabinet in this case rather than exchange - the cabinet your line is served by is MBG1_002

Thanks

Al
    Yeah sorry it was the cabinet number I meant, thanks for replying.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi threein99

Thanks

Al
    Yeah sorry it was the cabinet number I meant, thanks for replying.
    No worries

Al

The last of the CABS going live 1st July.

If ya cant order it today (29th june) your in trouble !

M.

The last of the CABS going live 1st July.

If ya cant order it today (29th june) your in trouble !

M.
    Hi markmurphy

Orders can only be taken when the serving cabinet goes live.

Cheers
    Al

I was told I could order from July 1st

yup. piles of people have install dates all ready.

BUT! Still piles of people cant get it! they not happy! May wait for new cab to be build, but when?? 2016 ??

M.

• Advertisement

yup. piles of people have install dates all ready.

BUT! Still piles of people cant get it! they not happy! May wait for new cab to be build, but when?? 2016 ??

M.
    See the new "Blue Lines" are going past my door ! Blue Lines? The fiber optic cable is laid in town and out as far past the Royal Oak, and past town. See the new map they put up yesterday. Happy with 40 meg at mo, but would love 150 meg with pings of 1 ms! Saying that pings are only 10ms at moment. And only 32ms to UK/Germany ! 

Look for blue lines , they are the super fast internet. HOPEfully anyone near these line will be able to get fiber to the home.

http://www.openeir.ie/Our_Network/

M.

Advertisement