Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to locate waterproof mattress protector: 126cm x 62.5cm x 10cm

Options
  • 10-10-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying (without success) to locate a WATERPROOF mattress protector for a cot. Mattress size is slightly off standard, measuring 126cm x 62.5cm x 10cm deep.

I have searched nearly everywhere without luck to date - both online and in store. Ive been offered 140cm x 70cm protectors and told to "tuck them in" but to be honest I don't think that's the answer!

If anyone has any help, links or can locate one online I would be hugely appreciative.
    (I have been on the mamas and papas website - their covers are protectors but not waterproof)

HUGE thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The Little Green Sheep have one which is close to the size you need - it's 120 x 68, you could make that work.

http://www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/the-little-green-sheep/organic-mattress-protector-stokke-cot-size-68x120cm.aspx

They make custom mattresses so they may also do custom mattress protectors - try them. And all their protectors are waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Thanks for that - will contact them and see if its suitable for a 126 mattress. Awkward size, frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It would be suitable - their protectors are just flat that you place on top of mattress, not fit it around mattress like a fitted sheet so it doesn't matter that it's a few cm different

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

waterproof mattress protectors in aldi, saw them in galway city (headford rd.) last week and Loughrea today
    oh and they`re 140x70 fitted so they`ll be grand and they have a soft feel to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am trying (without success) to locate a WATERPROOF mattress protector for a cot. Mattress size is slightly off standard, measuring 126cm x 62.5cm x 10cm deep.

I have searched nearly everywhere without luck to date - both online and in store. Ive been offered 140cm x 70cm protectors and told to "tuck them in" but to be honest I don't think that's the answer!

If anyone has any help, links or can locate one online I would be hugely appreciative.
    (I have been on the mamas and papas website - their covers are protectors but not waterproof)

HUGE thanks in advance :)

I remember when I was pregnant looking at mattress protectors, when I saw them in real life I didn't like the look of them, I was afraid they would make the baby sweaty.

Does your matress not have a cover on it? Our cotbed one has a lovely quilted one, our cot and Moses basket one just had plain ones (all zip off). I put the baby in a grobag so if there are any accidents they are contained! If he gets sick the cover on the mattress and sheet contain it!

Your cot is not a standard size (120 x 60 x 10) so i would contact the shop/company you bought it from and they might be able to direct you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I just use two of the ikea waterproof mattress protectors. We've had a few accidents and they've done their job. Very cheap too.

Advertisement