Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access the dasboard of my website

Options
  • 10-10-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I would like to know how can I access my dashboard of my website. The message I get is "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 232 bytes) in /home/ttbgqu/public_html/rememberthem.ie/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_admin/class.nextgen_admin_page_controller.php on line 36". How do I solve this problem and how did it occur in the first place? Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Your installation of wordpress or the letshost server has a server memory limit of 40MB.

If you're using wordpress plugins, you might try to disable each to see if one is using a lot of memory, or failing to free up memory.

If you can use ftp or a webspace management page to alter the files in your web space, then you

1 can browse to wp-content/plugins in your webspace and
    2 make a note of the current name of each plugin folder
    3 rename one or more plugin folders rechecking whether your site becomes available after each.

When your dashboard becomes available again
    a) you'll see the renamed plugins listed as deactivated. You can undo step 3, one by one to re-enable each.
    b) you can get a plugin that will tell you how much memory each is using.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/
    one of them will probably have memory use that gradually creeps upwards.
    That will be one that has to be swapped out with a different one, updated, or it's memory leak reported to the developer.

Advertisement