Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, slow internet speed

Options
  • 10-10-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,
    My eircom broadband gets dreadfully slow recently, I can't even watch an youtube video properly without it being constantly buffering, it wasn't like that before and it is far from usable, it even has problem loading pictures in Facebook. Please help me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kobe wrote: »
    Hi,
    My eircom broadband gets dreadfully slow recently, I can't even watch an youtube video properly without it being constantly buffering, it wasn't like that before and it is far from usable, it even has problem loading pictures in Facebook. Please help me.
    Thanks.
    Hi Kobe

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Private message sent, thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kobe wrote: »
    Private message sent, thank you. 
    Thanks for your PM Kobe

I've looked in to this and I see that there is indeed an issue with the line itself.

My test results indicate that this line issues would certainly be causing the difficulties you are experiencing and issues seems to be located externally.

This will need to be logged to engineers to asses and resolve. I will be unable to log this with support for engineer escalation so when you can please contact the broadband support center and advise them on this correspondence.

You can contact technical support on 1890260260. Once the issue is logged for engineers you will receive a reference number and the average time-frame for a full resolution can take up to four working days

Thank you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

I rang the technical team, the man was helpful but he was unable to find out the problem, he said everything seems fine, even the result of the speed test is decent (but had to run the speed test from my phone because the pages didn't load at all on the computer, the computer us not more than one year). He has changed some settings from there and asked me to see if that's any improvements.

Advertisement