Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom an incompetent quango

Options
  • 10-10-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After 4 months of ridiculous excuses I still have no phone or broadband. I live in County Dublin not in the middle of nowhere. Excuses like the exchange box is on a lady's field she wont let us on ..... well I am sorry your engineers need to get to the butchers buy themselves a bit of backbone and take the guards if needed and enter the field. Two engineers need firing from eircom <snip> an my reasons for this are as follows. I fully understand when there are technical issues but for these so called Chief Engineers to not keep customers informed and to not reply to messages left or not contact them with updates is typical of these two who have been working on this for four months! There has been no offer of an alternative mobile solution in the meantime to help us yet eircom will waste lots of money sending letters to a lady and getting legal advice.
    The customer is the one suffering in the hands of a difficult character and a spineless quango. In the past Eircom sent me to DLR council with the wrong application number saying I would get it passed quicker for planning permission to dig up a road to get us connected. Despite the wrong planning application number given to me by eircom DLR council confirmed eircom had NOT placed any planning application in for this area. Today the engineer was supposed to be here between 9 and 1.30 and still nothing. Unfortunately UPC are not in this area I have looked at all different ways of having a service and eircom is unfortunately my only option. You cannot operate like this there i simply no customer care.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dave558

Still no phone, no broadband, no explanation as to why an engineer didnt turn up on Friday. A man in the complaints dept has registered it as a fault yet again but after 4 months of wanting a eircom to provide a service its a joke. Unless an engineer comes this week for the first time in 4 months I will be getting the local TD involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

dave558 wrote: »
    Still no phone, no broadband, no explanation as to why an engineer didnt turn up on Friday. A man in the complaints dept has registered it as a fault yet again but after 4 months of wanting a eircom to provide a service its a joke. Unless an engineer comes this week for the first time in 4 months I will be getting the local TD involved.
    Hi dave558

I understand the frustration with the delay in getting your service up and running. While I may not be able to influence a provision date here in this situation where we are restricted due to issues with third party permissions etc I will however seek an update for you as regards the current status of your order. Can you send me a PM with the Order no and I will follow this up for you,

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement