Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50hz refresh rate

• 10-10-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

50hz question

Hi, a bit of advice needed on the above.

Considering buying a smart tv, 50inch full hd hitachi brand.

Am happy with everything except this 50hz refresh rate as ive seen mixed reviews on it.

Some say its too slow, have seen others says its grand that its actually 60hz.

Tv be used for movies/dvds, netlix, ps3 and 4, xbox 360.

Its not the one I had in mind but if anyone with more tech could confirm if the 50hz would be an issue or not it would decide it for me?

If this is not the correct forum feel free to move t.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

60hz was the old american standard. it came from the frequency of the AC mains supply coming into the house, the old CRT tubes used the frequency of the mains for timing the guns. us supply was 60hz, so too were their tv's as a result. europe supply was 50hz, so our tv's were as well.

50 or 60 will make no difference unless you are trying to feed 60hz material into a 50hz tv, in which case you;ll get some judder.

this is the same reason the higher refresh rates are mutiples of these, i.e. in the US you get 120hz refresh, 240hz, here you get 100 and 200.

the 50hz will be fine, the original signal is probably that anyway and anything higher is just doing double sampling . i wouldn't sweat it.

Advertisement