Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child maintenance after being denied access for 5 years.

Options
  • 10-10-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and I hope I'm in the right place.

My ex girlfriend and I had a child together in 2002, we split in 2005.
    We were on good terms and had our own agreement in place, I paid her an agreed amount of maintenance each week and had my child 1-2 times a week.

In or around 2007, she moved to another county ( I wasn't informed where)with our son and new partner.
    I made numerous phone calls etc asking to see him, each time I was shot down. Once in awhile she gave me hope but she'd come back saying she would have to ask her new partner would he mind if I saw my son-he didn't want me to. She didn't give me any details as to where she was or to pay maintenance. She was happy with her new life and didn't want me having anything to do with it. I was told my son now called her partner Dad.

Last year, 2013, I get a phone call asking to meet, which of course I jumped at, she came alone. She asked would I like to start seeing my son again and told me she was wrong denying me access all those years and that it had badly affected our son.

It was agreed that we'd start slow for my sons sake and that it was completely up to him when he wanted to see me. Every 3/4 weeks he would text asking if I wanted to do stuff, which I did. I would drive to see him and pay for activities and food etc. I unfortunately am also unemployed, so by doing these things cut me very short, but I didn't mind, I just wanted to see my son.

Out of the blue today I got a summons in the post for court, to pay maintenance etc.
    She never mentioned anything about this the past year.

I'm at my wits end, if I'm made pay maintenance, I will not be able to make the journey to see my child - she knows this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sorry, you need a solicitor - we don't do legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement