Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet speed issues on one device

Options
  • 10-10-2014 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi All,

I've been having recent issues on my laptop with internet speeds. I can't get a connection greater 7mb on wifi and around 9mb wired even though it was working up to and over 50mb recently, even on wifi. We have 2 laptops in the office and one is getting 91mb on a wired connection when tested. I tried plugging my own into the same wired connection to see if its a proximity issue as I'm about 5m from the original router/modem. Even when I'm plugged directly into the modem I can't get over 9mb on a speedtest. I recall recently there was a HP upgrade recommended for both adapters and wondering if this may mess things up? It's almost like devices are being prioritized on the network and my laptop is getting a capped speed. Is this possible or are there settings somewhere within the network settings or router which I can changed for this?

The router is an 02 HG658c and the laptop is a HP Pavilion with AMD A8 quad core processor and 8Gb RAM.

Any help would be appreciated as we have a shared network drive which is also a pain to access as everything on the network seems to have slowed for me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GreenTech

Also forgot to mention my upload speed is fine but download is not. I just tested on wifi at 8.7mb download and 18.90mb upload... something seriously wrong with that!

Advertisement