Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My annual trade advice thread

• 10-10-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi lads. As usual looking for advice here for a potential trade for my pathetic 1-4 team which needs a shake up. Standard league must play 3 WRs and 2 RBs Here's the roster -

C Newton CAR
    N Foles PHI
    A Morris WAS
    A Bradshaw IND
    S Ridley NE
    C Ivory NYJ
    R Cobb GB
    S Watkins BUF
    P Harvin SEA
    J Gordon CLE
    A Johnson HOU
    J Graham NO
    A Vinatieri IND
    Patriots NE

I can pull the trigger on this trade -

J Graham and P Harvin for Megatron and Andre Williams.

I'd have to drop Josh Gordon for a TE but I'd have had to do that anyway or maybe I can trade away Ivory to a team with 2 TEs?

What say you forum sages?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Personally I wouldn't take that trade. Graham and Harvin are No. 1 at their position for their teams whereas Williams is a backup though he is getting some playing time now. Megatron has been pretty quite so far this season too and is likely to sit out this week.

I'd look to trade Gordon, will he be any use to you in week 11 if you are out of contention for the playoffs?

Looks like you need help at RB, but this year everyone seems to be struggling to get decent RB's. Maybe see if someone like Moreno coming back from injury is available??

I should advise I am 1-4 in my league, so what do I know! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

DBIreland wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't take that trade. Graham and Harvin are No. 1 at their position for their teams whereas Williams is a backup though he is getting some playing time now. Megatron has been pretty quite so far this season too and is likely to sit out this week.

I'd look to trade Gordon, will he be any use to you in week 11 if you are out of contention for the playoffs?

Looks like you need help at RB, but this year everyone seems to be struggling to get decent RB's. Maybe see if someone like Moreno coming back from injury is available??

I should advise I am 1-4 in my league, so what do I know! :)

Thanks for the reply.

Didn't do the trade and picked up Jordan Reed on waivers and dropped Gordon.

Got a win (halelujah) so will see how the land lies with trade discussions this week.

The injuries to Megatron and Graham have put this trade on hold. I've dropped Ridley for McKinnon.

The Megatron owner is still hot for Harvin so I've been trying to convince him to do a big deal where I get Le'Veon Bell from him. He's light on RB's but I think I might get him to bite on Harvin and Bradshaw for Bell.

Am I giving up too much? Here's his roster

C Palmer
    M Stafford (R)
    L'Veon Bell
    A Williams
    B Sankey
    B Pierce
    B LaFell
    G Tate
    E Royal
    C Johnson
    J Maclin
    D Walker
    M Crosby
    Broncos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

if i were him i wouldnt to that trade hes got some decent wr options there and harvin hasnt really got going this year particularly given how light he is at RB.

so basically for you that would be a good trade so id go for it all you can do is hope for the best !

D3PO wrote: »
    if i were him i wouldnt to that trade hes got some decent wr options there and harvin hasnt really got going this year particularly given how light he is at RB.

so basically for you that would be a good trade so id go for it all you can do is hope for the best !

He didn't go for it.

He has offered Bell and Tate for Harvin, Graham and Bradshaw though.

• Advertisement

personally i like that trade for you.

Bell & Tate both an upgrade at RB for you and would be your two starters.

so its really only at TE you weaken your lineup.

but i think you will gain more points from bell, tate and reed in your lineup than you will lose from bradshaw, harvin and graham.

personally i like that trade for you.

Bell & Tate both an upgrade at RB for you and would be your two starters.

so its really only at TE you weaken your lineup.

but i think you will gain more points from bell, tate and reed in your lineup than you will lose from bradshaw, harvin and graham.

Just to clarify - it's Golden Tate not Ben Tate who he's offering.

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Just to clarify - it's Golden Tate not Ben Tate who he's offering.

oops :P ignore my ramblings so. in that case i dont like the trade.

hes trying to sell tate high once megatron comes back tate will fade back into fantasy obscurity. i dont think this trade improves your team and he gets way more out of it than you do.

I would counter Bell and Tate for Harvin, Reed and Bradshaw

I would counter Bell and Tate for Harvin, Reed and Bradshaw

Can pull the trigger on the following -

Graham, Harvin and Ivory for Bell and Tate.

I'm overpaying a bit but I think I'm going to go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement