Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Castle

Options
  • 10-10-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Anybody have a clue how one can access the ruins of Dundrum Castle?

I'd love to see it get a few photos. It was easily accessible years ago when I was young before the new shopping centre and bypass. These days it seems to be fenced off on all sides, inaccessible and hidden from view. It seems a real shame and not many people know it exists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Never seen Dundrum castle and i'm originally from the area! There is a video of the interior of the castle on youtube and according to one of the comments: "You need to head in from the Bypass. There's no access through the adjoining apartments, but if you walk up the bank from the bypass to where you think it is (behind the trees) it's easy enough to find. Enjoy the nettles!".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It hasn't moved since they built the town centre thankfully ;)

It's in Castle View estate, you may need to get past gates to pass through the private residential estate, but it's sitting there on what I expect is still public land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Advertisement