Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod dock connector cover (old connector)

Options
  • 10-10-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

My iPod dock stereo is in a fairly dusty area, and I only use it at the weekends or thereabouts, so a bit concerned about the connector getting dusty and shoving dust up into my iPod classic.

I'm looking for a neat solution that will just cover the dock connector, something cheap and plastic but I can't for the life of me think of something suitable.

Basically it needs to roughly have the following qualities:

- Be black
    - Roughly 3 cm wide by 1 cm deep, by 1 cm high.
    - Less than €1 (not one of those pricey ones I see on ebay!)

Was thinking of something like the cap that fits at the bottom of some chair legs, or even the black pen cap you find on Stabilo Boss hi-lite pens, but not wide enough. :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

Look on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

As per first post...
    mrcheez wrote: »
    - Less than €1 (not one of those pricey ones I see on ebay!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Use Sugru to make your own cover; it's like mala/plasticine but dries as rubber.

Advertisement