Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget 2015 [De wan an' only thread!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Layoffs are happening in my factory at the moment, I've been lucky that I've lasted so long but as things stand I may not have a job for Christmas...so yay to the 40 quid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

crannglas wrote: »
    You would want to start opening your eyes. Perhaps not her. No idea what her living standards are. But if you really take a bit if time and look around you will see the truth of what it is where pensioners are in life. Forgotten and mistreated and poor as hell.

No real amount of money could solve all of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

You would want to start opening your eyes. Perhaps not her. No idea what her living standards are. But if you really take a bit if time and look around you will see the truth of what it is where pensioners are in life. Forgotten and mistreated and poor as hell.

if they're prepared to tie unborn children into lifelong unjust taxation thru privatisation of essential services, then i really dont think they'll ever give a fcuk about those that are in their twilight years. infact im surprised they dont try and tax them cumulatively for every year they live past retirement age.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

of course. nothing like a few quid to widen the social divide and get the proles arguing amongst themselves. it distracts them nicely. government 101.

Exactly. And who will those luck enough to work attack then and say caused the problem while government blame greedy Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pensioners should be getting their full bonus, as should be the people using their stamps now that they're unemployed. The long term unemployed? Let them get a job. Any job. There's plenty of jobs in retail and the likes in the lead up to Christmas for example.
    no there isn't, not even enough for the people who only lost their jobs last year, let alone previous years since the recession hit.

many of whom would be well finished "using their stamps" as you put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The pension is actually very good in this country.

if they're prepared to tie unborn children into taxation thru privatisation, then i really dont think they'll ever give a fcuk about those that are in their twilight years. infact im surprised they dont try and tax them cumulatively for every year they live past retirement age.
    You are so right. God they probably would if they read your post. Lol I was just thinking. You saw that stupid idea to make people donate their organs idea? Can you have a guess what would happen if that ever came about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Pensioners should be getting their full bonus, as should be the people using their stamps now that they're unemployed. The long term unemployed? Let them get a job. Any job. There's plenty of jobs in retail and the likes in the lead up to Christmas for example.

One can only claim on stamps for 9 months. Regardless of how many decades of stamps one has paid.
    Long-term unemployed starts at 12 months.

Person pays stamps for 30 years. Made redundant. Claims JSB while seeking employment. No luck as they are too old or their skill set is wrong so after 9 months it's JSA. They should be out doing any job. They can sell fairy lights in Argos the lazy feckers and then in Jan go back to the SW and claim JSA and look for another job and then in Oct try and get work dressed as an elf for three months...

Sound like a plan for the average 55 year old man who used to have a good income as a brickie or a carpenter or an electrician.

By the by - Have we had a sudden rush of paying jobs becoming available?
    400, 000 of them have appeared out of no where?

Good golly gosh - I await the announcement that Jobsbridge and all the other free employee schemes offered to various companies will cease with immediate effect as there are apparently absolutely lashings of jobs out there but no one on SW will take them due to 'lifestyle'.

I do pity the publicans .. who will keep them afloat now???

You are so right. God they probably would if they read your post. Lol I was just thinking. You saw that stupid idea to make people donate their organs idea? Can you have a guess what would happen if that ever came about?

its up there with private police forces and jails... surely somebody (with power) must have stood up and thought 'hang on a second...'

• Advertisement

The pension is actually very good in this country.

Tell that to my dad who gets 188 quid a week and no medical card or fuel allowance after working from age of 13 years old. Only pensioners who do well is the ones who get state pension and company pension. Or politicians pension.He y guys if i run for dail. Will ye vote me in even for a year so I can get cushy pension for sitting on me fat unhealthy hole making decisions to rob ye load of suckers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I take it you have a trust fund or something? You don't ever seem worried that you could become unemployed.
    The arrogance of youth.

lucky they're getting 40 quid then. christmas cake costs a fortune if you dont bake ;)

Costs a bloody fortune if you do bake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The pensioners are never happy, that oul wan giving out even though they were looked after in the Budget.

Jaysus you're always giving out about the pensioners.
    Did one of them run away with your wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Valetta wrote: »
    Completely untrue.

Are you claiming that the German finance minister doesn't see our budget before noonon delivers it?

• Advertisement

what makes it plenty? and why are the wrongdoings of the plenty more pertinent than the needs of the vunerable?

i cant even see how this causes a debate. its basic human decency to not tar the innocent with the guilty brush. im pretty sure its unconstitutional too, if that even matters anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ah god, my mam hasn't had a job for ten years, and isn't a pensioner.

I guess I should force her out to work in retail over Christmas, rather than get a bonus.

Never mind that she can't leave the house, has balance problems, memory problems, no immune system and has upwards of five seizures a day. She's not on jsb or a pension, so I better tell her to get off her lazy arse and get a job, because she shouldn't ever get financial support from the government for more than a few months.

Damn disabled people ruining our economy.

:mad:

Go into any pub in London and you will see PLENTY of drunk Irish guys - therefore all Irish guys should be barred from London pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Are you claiming that the German finance minister doesn't see our budget before noonon delivers it?

Of course they don't .

Of course they don't .

they do.

from RTE themselves.
    members of the German parliament have been given details of the Irish Budget three weeks before the Irish parliament and the Irish people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Theres a rumour that drunk Irish people have been sighted in Germany. Wearing green jerseys and shouting about being Irish. The shame of it. We'll never live it down. Some were even smoking cigarettes. Hide the children, Nuala.

Valletta is wearing the blinkers and fingers in ears singing loudly.

Theres a rumour that drunk Irish people have been sighted in Germany. Wearing green jerseys and shouting about being Irish. The shame of it. We'll never live it down. Some were even smoking cigarettes. Hide the children, Nuala.

Those would be the dole spongers enjoying 'lifestyle'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

http://youtu.be/Mr_uHJPUlO8
    For Michael and Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Of course they don't .

LOL.
    The innocence.

you've come to the wrong place then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Pensioners should STFU.
    They're the most cosseted section of society and have been wrapped in cotton wool through successive budgets that have targeted working people mercilessly.

Constantly bribed by successive Governments.

Always whinging and moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You don't want no scrub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I have no issues with people getting a Christmas bonus who are genuinely looking for work and cant find it. Although even these people should be partaking in training, or volunteering.

But I cant under stand how people who have never paid tax should be entitled to a bonus.

I'm from an area where at least 50 percent of the people I went to school with have never worked, and will never work, and the local pub is full at 11 on a Monday morning.

I found my self unemployed when I finished college, and after a number of months I took a jobs bridge internship, I realised while in the internship that I would not get a job out of it, but I used the experience to get another Job and now im working away.

While I was unemployed and even in the internship on numerous occasions I had to attend social welfare with letters of jobs I applied for and was rejected for. Yet I have spoke to people I went to school with who have never been to college, or worked who did not have to jump through half the hoops I was jumping through.

So why should these people get a bonus?

Yes.

I am the one extrapolating that because a percentage of x are doing something then all of x must be sanctioned.

Wonder where I could have got the notion to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

If Mattie McGrath gets his way, no one will see it( before him at least)

...and there's people in employment who wouldn't know work if it landed on their head. Whether its in an office or on a construction site, there are deadweights anywhere. That's no reason to brand everybody in that particular field as a stain on society.

Slightly disappointed that we didn't see any increases in BJ`s, looks like my vote will have to go independent at the next GE.

leanonme wrote: »
    I have no issues with people getting a Christmas bonus who are genuinely looking for work and cant find it. Although even these people should be partaking in training, or volunteering.

But I cant under stand how people who have never paid tax should be entitled to a bonus.

I'm from an area where at least 50 percent of the people I went to school with have never worked, and will never work, and the local pub is full at 11 on a Monday morning.

I found my self unemployed when I finished college, and after a number of months I took a jobs bridge internship, I realised while in the internship that I would not get a job out of it, but I used the experience to get another Job and now im working away.

While I was unemployed and even in the internship on numerous occasions I had to attend social welfare with letters of jobs I applied for and was rejected for. Yet I have spoke to people I went to school with who have never been to college, or worked who did not have to jump through half the hoops I was jumping through.

ok but how do the social welfare pick and choose without being accused of discrimination and without making some life threatning errors?

scroungers are well versed on their entitlements, its not scroungers that will suffer an all encompassing sweep.

There are people out there tax dodging. I am simply stating a fact. Not interested in an argument/debate on the topic even if I implied that everyone who is liable for tax is a tax dodger!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    There are people out there tax dodging. I am simply stating a fact. Not interested in an argument/debate on the topic even if I implied that everyone who is liable for tax is a tax dodger!

Where are you getting your information from?

leanonme wrote: »

Why should people who despite jumping through hoops still lost their jobs be denied because you come from a town with an extraordinarily high percentage of lazy feckers?

Or because the Dept. of Social Protection isn't doing it's job?

you implied that there shouldnt be a xmas bonus because of it.

we came back with arguments as to why you were wrong and that you were generalising.

if you dont want debate, dont make incendiary comments on a 'forum'. im not sure what you expected to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jaysus you're always giving out about the pensioners.
    Did one of them run away with your wife?

No I'm not.

• Advertisement

Did I say you did?

And I am stating that not everyone pays the tax they should. End of Story.

You didn't. I was merely extending your point to make my own. Apologies if anything got misconstrued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ok forgive me a moment for trying to add a bit of sense to your rant but you do know that the vast majority of people who are long term unemployed are not scroungers?

Firstly you have people who are physically unable to take up work.
    Secondly seasonal Christmas work isn't actually all that sustainable when you have folk relying on the likes of rent allowance and whatnot.
    Thirdly the retraining for long term unemployed is nothing more than a bad joke.
    Fourthly there still isn't exactly what you'd call an abundance of jobs out there.

But hey why let those pesky facts get in the way of your rant...

myshirt wrote: »
    Where are you getting your information from?

Revenue publish helpful lists of those they caught.

My Mam's hairdresser was on it. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement