Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property management book

Options
  • 10-10-2014 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for a good property management book, one that would be good for someone who is about to start work in this area, in Ireland or the Uk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

guest2014 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for a good property management book, one that would be good for someone who is about to start work in this area, in Ireland or the Uk.

Could be wrong here but as far as im aware you have to be licensed to work in property management, Requires a 2.5 year course at about € 2700 per year to get a license.
    http://www.psr.ie/website/npsra/npsraweb.nsf/page/whatwedo-en
    If you know of another way to enter the industry I would be interested to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

sohappy wrote: »
    Could be wrong here but as far as im aware you have to be licensed to work in property management, Requires a 2.5 year course at about € 2700 per year to get a license.
    http://www.psr.ie/website/npsra/npsraweb.nsf/page/whatwedo-en
    If you know of another way to enter the industry I would be interested to hear.

are you talking about Ireland only or the uk as well? also how do you know I don't have the licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

are you talking about Ireland only or the uk as well? also how do you know I don't have the licence?

If you had the licence you'd have done the course and have the book?

Laws are very different in the UK from Ireland so there's no cover all book

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

If you already hold a license to work in Ireland you either got it by doing the course in which you would have learned all you needed to know, or you got it under the grandfather rule which means you have previous experience in the industry,
    I was only trying to help you with my reply,

Advertisement