Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax S01 Tamper Open error

Options
  • 10-10-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Fitted a new Visonic Powermax Complete to my house. Going through setting it up and have the status message S01 Tamper Open Error, relating I assume to the outside wireless siren. So unable to arm the system.
    Troubleshooting on the alarm manual states
    "most likely the back tamper. Down power the siren and remove it from the wall, then adjust the screw on the back to extend the tamper arm."

Only screw on the back is the one that goes through the center hole of the alarm for fixing, but notice that there is a gold coloured foil under the pcb near to this hole. No other screws on the back other than the fixing screws.
    Does the fixing screw pull the foil away from under the pcb or does it have to touch the pcb?

Other two tampers on the siren box seem fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Jackswan wrote: »
    Fitted a new Visonic Powermax Complete to my house. Going through setting it up and have the status message S01 Tamper Open Error, relating I assume to the outside wireless siren. So unable to arm the system.
    Troubleshooting on the alarm manual states
    "most likely the back tamper. Down power the siren and remove it from the wall, then adjust the screw on the back to extend the tamper arm."

Only screw on the back is the one that goes through the center hole of the alarm for fixing, but notice that there is a gold coloured foil under the pcb near to this hole. No other screws on the back other than the fixing screws.
    Does the fixing screw pull the foil away from under the pcb or does it have to touch the pcb?

Other two tampers on the siren box seem fine.

It is a pry off tamper on the back. What this means is if an intruder pulls the bell off the wall it stays in place and activates the alarm if set. If not set a tamper condition will be indicated on the control panel.
    If you fitted the screw into the pry off you may have tightened it to much pulling it away from the PCB. I would take it down and check beside the panel with lid screw closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jackswan

So the gold foil should touch the pcb normally and pulls away if the bell is pulled off the wall. The centre screw is fitted with no pressure on the plastic and the foil looks as though it is touching the pcb.

So the gold foil should touch the pcb normally and pulls away if the bell is pulled off the wall. The centre screw is fitted with no pressure on the plastic and the foil looks as though it is touching the pcb.

It could be faulty, only way to know would be to take it down and test beside panel with the tampers closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jackswan

Ok cheers

Ok cheers

No problem :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement