Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does sub work in uk count towards 300 hours

Options
  • 10-10-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hey all,
    I am a newly qualified teacher and i have just signed up with a agency in Manchester uk to get subbing work and i was wondering will these hours count towards the 300 hours that are required by the teaching council. and if anyone has any tips for teaching in uk please pass them on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

The hours should apply, but will it be 300 consecutive hours or will you only be getting hours on-call? The headteacher will have to sign off your paperwork, which won't work out if you've done 300 hours subbing across 20-30 different schools. Can you get a one-year contract instead? That would definitely ensure you get the 300 hours in, or you could do the NQT programme which includes CPD.

As for working in England, work on behaviour management and AFL. There tends to be a lot of low-level disruption in English schools and they really take testing very seriously so AFL will be crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hunter gatherer

MOD SNIP:

OFF TOPIC

BUT SEE STICKY

Advertisement