Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the council inform the welfare about partner on my rent?

Options
  • 10-10-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm a single parent with 2 children living in a tiny 1 bedroom ouncil flat,my boyfriend doesn't live with me but wants to go on my rent..what I want to know is if I put him on the rent will the council inform the social welfare?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I'm not really sure by what you mean when you say that your boyfriend doesn't live with you but wants to go on the rent. Are you moving him in or is there another reason for this?

Anyway, whatever your situation you should inform them unless of course you are trying to attempting to defraud the social welfare system and the taxpayers of this country.

You will get caught eventually and when you do, you will have to pay back everything you should not have received. It will be deducted from your welfare payment.

Just do things properly from the beginning and you will have no problems or worries.

Advertisement