Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Most Dangerous Roads in the World

• 10-10-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Never been on any of these roads. Was wondering has any member of boards driven or travelled on these routes?

The worst I have ever experinced was backroads in Iceland

https://towncentrecarparks.com/dangerous-roads/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The road from muff to termonfeckin is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Any French motorway in the rain. If you've done it, you know why. France - invest in better lane markings, good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The Old Military Road up the Wicklow mountains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Try driving the Connor Pass with a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Any road where women are allowed drive, those Saudis have one thing right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The N52 between Kells and Delvin is rather atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

A66 in Cumbria when the Appleby horse fair is on. Mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The Jungas Road in Bolivia, Ice Road Truckers did a spin-off series about it a few years ago and also of some roads in the Indian Himalayas, scary stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Terenure road east north at Tesco is Russian roulette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There was a great BBC series about this subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Most_Dangerous_Roads

You can download the episodes illegally.. not that there's anything wrong with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Stinicker wrote: »
    The Jungas Road in Bolivia, Ice Road Truckers did a spin-off series about it a few years ago and also of some roads in the Indian Himalayas, scary stuff.

I cycled down the Yungas road in '08, I can see exactly why it has it's title, and 6 people dying on it including one cyclist the day before didn't help my nerves much either, and caused the ex to cancel her own place in the group. Good fun overall though, I was glad to get back to La Paz in one piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

The road in Dublin airport that goes past the car hire offices. I drove a bus in the airport and nearly had several head-on crashes with drivers from overseas coming out of the car hire and driving on the right hand side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Falls Road was quite a dangerous road a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Yellow Brick Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

up the conor pass in a car driven by a very jerky driver driving a big powerful executive car was the most butt clenching I've experienced. Wicklow mountain roads are the most vomit inducing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Statistically, any road in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

:eek:
    Stinicker wrote: »
    The Jungas Road in Bolivia.
    The Road of death as nicknamed by the natives; one of the vital links into La Paz the Boilvian capital. On the side of a mountain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've been on both French ones and the Yungas although I was in a bus for the latter. The first driver we had was pissed out of his head so we hopped off the bus and waited for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

gugleguy wrote: »
    :eek:The Road of death as nicknamed by the natives; one of the vital links into La Paz the Boilvian capital. On the side of a mountain.

It's rarely used for motorised traffic these days. Lots of tourists and backpackers mountain bike down it. Couple of them end up going off the side per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I remember going around the connor pass in dense fog in August last year. I needed to change my nappy the second we got to Dingle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anywhere in India. I spent about 20 minutes watching the road before we set off trying to figure out which side we were supposed to drive on because it appeared everyone was using both sides, not for the faint hearted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Statistically, any road in Donegal.

After Dublin, Tipperary and Cork you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

The road, 7C I think it's called, that goes north out of Curtea de Argeș in Romania. It heads up past the Lake Vidraru hydroelectric dam into the Carpathian mountains and it just gets worse and worse.

Advertisement