If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tv

Options
  • 10-10-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I have a once a decade chance to buy a new tv. So I'm looking for the best deal for my buck 750/800 euro. I'm looking for a high hz tv between 42" and 48 " that can do soarview and freesat. By that definition it's probably smart, but I don't require 3D. Simple interface is important. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

glasseye wrote: »
    Hi I have a once a decade chance to buy a new tv. So I'm looking for the best deal for my buck 750/800 euro. I'm looking for a high hz tv between 42" and 48 " that can do soarview and freesat. By that definition it's probably smart, but I don't require 3D. Simple interface is important. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Me too. Very interested in replies

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

glasseye wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay getting back to you guys - not many TV's around with Saorview & Freesat at the moment - the pick of the bunch is the LG 42LB630 - this is a really nice TV at an excellent price - Its Saorview ready and approved and also includes a decent Satellite tuner and simple interface?? It has the new LG WEB OS which just makes you smile from the moment you turn on the TV - its really superb!

We are currently doing that at £449.95 / €589.99 ( The Euro price includes delivery& a 5 Year warranty)

If you wanted to stretch the size a bit and still keep within budget we also do the 47" version at €719.99 ( del & 5 Year included again) have a look at the 42" spec here:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-42LB630V

If you wanted to step up the quality a bit and were prepared to crack the piggy bank slightly then we also have the stunning Panasonic TX42AS740 - I have one perfect demo unit that should retail at €899 that I'd let go at just €819.99 ( again including warranty and delivery) - this really is a stunning TV with proper Freesat HD tuner and EPG - in terms of motion processing - very few TV's will better it as it has Panasonic's 1200Hz Bls processing engine built in - have a look here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200492-viera-tx42as740b.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if anything hits the spot of of course if you do see anything else of interest.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 glasseye

Hmmm.. 

WebOS the old hp platform, no rte player, tv3 or new apps.

Really tempted by the Panasonic and the idea of the freesat "freetime" feature, but no mon no fun.

Thank you for getting back with such a comprehensive reply.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.