Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI this week

• 10-10-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

FT Athlone Town 0 - 3 Dundalk
    FT Bohemian FC 2 - 2 Sligo Rovers
    FT Derry City 1 - 2 Limerick
    FT Drogheda United 2 - 3 St. Patrick's Athletic :o:o:o:o
    FT UCD 0 - 4 Cork City
    FT Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 Bray Wanderers

Missed the 1st goal but when i did get in was told we dominated drogs then sat off and let them into it, they scored a cracker to go ahead. Then with 1 minute to go scored a cracking diving header to level and in ET left Fagan free on the edge of the box one on one.

They should have won or at least got a draw simply for attacking well but made mistakes and were punished at the death.

We officially not champions anymore :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Great night for Dundalk.Pat Hoban breaks Peter Hanrahan's league goal scoring record for us 19 >18 with his brace tonight.Dundalk hit 70 league goals and close in on the record of 73 currently held jointly by Sligo & Cork. Stephen O'Donnell returns as a second half sub & most importantly we move Three points closer to the title!
    As John Gill famously once said "pressure! what pressure?pressure is for tyres"
    Huge game now in OP on Monday v Shamrock Rovers(live on RTE2 @7.O5PM BTW) Dundalk within sniffing distance of a 10th league title :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Half decent game in the end in Tallaght when Scully was brought off and Hughes came on. Should've been more for Rovers, Cassidy should've equalised. Awful turgid first hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Huge game now in OP on Monday v Shamrock Rovers(live on RTE2 @7.O5PM BTW) Dundalk within sniffing distance of a 10th league title :D

Rovers will need to raise their game considerably to help their new found Cork United North Terrace Section fan club on monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Great night for Dundalk.Pat Hoban breaks Peter Hanrahan's league goal scoring record for us 19 >18 with his brace tonight.Dundalk hit 70 league goals and close in on the record of 73 currently held jointly by Sligo & Cork. Stephen O'Donnell returns as a secondaries half sub & most importantly we move Three points closer to the title!
    As John Gill famously once said "pressure! what pressure?pressure is for tyres"

In fairness it was a 50/50 game until the Red Card..We were poor, but a wins a win

Hoban is far better than Fagan...don't forget Hoban missed a lot of league games around time we were in Europe!

If we win Monday it's over IMO! Rovers won't be coming to lie down anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rovers will need to raise their game considerably to help their new found Cork United North Terrace Section fan club on monday.
    Also known as C.. ohh better not :pac:

• Advertisement

Hoban is far better than Fagan...

Nope.

Nope.

Far Better! Hoban has shown over last 2 months, since he has been fully fit, thats he is the best number 9 about..

Top scorer (No Pens) and missed a good month of the season with an operationy

Fagan has had the best forward thinking midfielders in the league serving him ball all year too! Fahey, Brennan and Bolger!! Better than Meenan, Towell and Horgan (we are still told they are)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

For anyone to get top scorer without penalties is very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Delighted with the win last night. Was more worried about last nights game than either Rovers or Bray next week. We can actually lose our next two matches and still win the league but i think we can wrap it up at the seaside next week. I'd say we will bring over a thousand to Bray.

Hoban for me is the best in the league. Such a great all round game. Can play the lone striker and hold the ball up. Very strong in the air. Scores all types of goals. Headers, fox in the box finishing and even strikes from outside the box. Wouldn't swap him. Roll on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Also known as C.. ohh better not :pac:

I think that was the j.. oh never mind.

• Advertisement

Far Better! Hoban has shown over last 2 months, since he has been fully fit, thats he is the best number 9 about..

Top scorer (No Pens) and missed a good month of the season with an operationy

Fagan doesnt take penos Brennan and Byrne do. Fagan links all our play together hence why I think he is the best in the league.

I suppose whichever player goes to a higher standard is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Fagan doesnt take penos Brennan and Byrne do. Fagan links all our play together hence why I think he is the best in the league.

I suppose whichever player goes to a higher standard is the best.

Both are fabulous players at this level. I'm not sure if both could play at a higher level. I see Hoban more often and he lacks a yard of pace and could be more mobile. I wonder whether he has bulked up too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nice early start tomorrow for a meaningless game in Cobh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭deisedude

Nice early start tomorrow for a meaningless game in Cobh...

Any word yet on where and when the promotion play offs are?

http://soccer-stats.irishtimes.com/?Lang=0&CPID=95&CTID=34&TEID=0&pStr=Comp_Scorer

Looking at that last night and UCD have conceded 71 goals, 1 less than Dundalk scored all season. Rovers goal scoring is shocking only Finn that I can see on the list, Same for Sligo considering they have North.

Its not up to date but ****ing hell Conan Byrne is outstanding for us, thats a stupid amount of goals for a midfielder.

http://soccer-stats.irishtimes.com/?Lang=0&CPID=95&CTID=34&TEID=0&pStr=Comp_Scorer

Looking at that last night and UCD have conceded 71 goals, 1 less than Dundalk scored all season. Rovers goal scoring is shocking only Finn that I can see on the list, Same for Sligo considering they have North.

Its not up to date but ****ing hell Conan Byrne is outstanding for us, thats a stupid amount of goals for a midfielder.

Flashscore.com has a full list of goalscorers. Can search through each
    team, positions (top defenders list) etc...

Its updated every time a goal goes in

Flashscore.com has a full list of goalscorers. Can search through each
    team, positions (top defenders list) etc...

Its updated every time a goal goes in

http://www.flashscore.com/soccer/ireland/premier-league/standings/

yeah up to date and makes both rovers still look awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Went into livescore to see what Euro games are on today if any...

Shels are imploding down in Cobh. 2-0 down after 21 mins. 2 goals in 4 minutes.

Galway are leading Wexford 1-0, so they are in second place as it stands.

May be much of a muchness, but it decides home advantage in the second leg of the playoff.

Live table.

Edit: And Rovers B have taken 6th off Waterford, for now.

Advertisement