Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Amazon 40% off sale

• 11-10-2014 7:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Feel sick, the exact jacket I bought from bikeworld is €250 cheaper in this sale

Anyway, thought I'd share

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Cheers man. I will have a nosey around for a back protector

For anyone looking for gloves, the gloves i have are on the sale an they are great for the winter.
    Really warm and Gore-tex

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dainese-1815644-Scout-Evo-Black/dp/B00HI11OUY/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1413015072&sr=1-13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

goodlad wrote: »

For anyone looking for gloves, the gloves i have are on the sale an they are great for the winter.
    Really warm and Gore-tex

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dainese-1815644-Scout-Evo-Black/dp/B00HI11OUY/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1413015072&sr=1-13

Only in small though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The Dainese helmets look like a real bargain.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Was looking at Daytona Goretex boots but cheapest were way the far side of €200. Pair of Dainese Goretex for less than €150, sorted. Cheers OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I'd never have even considered Amazon for bike stuff....must have a gander.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    I'd never have even considered Amazon for bike stuff....must have a gander.....

I'm feelin a bit less sick, knowing that the exact same jacket came in a size way too big for me!!
    However, you know amazon have a great returns policy? They'll even pay for return postage if you're not satisfied, I think up to 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thanks OP.

Got a Dainese ice sheet goretex for about €190, its €280 on sale on other sites and €400 full price. Good deal and I was long overdue a new one!

^^
    Looks like they're getting shot of either large or small sizes, medium sizes seem to stay the same. However the ice-jacket as an over jacket looks a steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Amazon is great for bike stuff since they opened up the bike specific section.
    Even for parts its brilliant. When logged in you can also select you bike and it will tell you if parts your looking at are compatible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Never considered Amazon for bike or car stuff.

I either need to repair my gloves of buy new ones. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyone have any experience with the Dainese 4D kevlar Jeans ? looking at picking them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Never considered Amazon for bike or car stuff.

I either need to repair my gloves of buy new ones. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Can't find it now but last year a mate sent me a link to Amazon of a UK based seller flogging game meat from South Africa. Zebra steaks, fillet of wild boar, crocodile burgers, all that kind of stuff. It was at that stage that I realised Amazon had gone far beyond books and DVDs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can't find it now but last year a mate sent me a link to Amazon of a UK based seller flogging game meat from South Africa. Zebra steaks, fillet of wild boar, crocodile burgers, all that kind of stuff. It was at that stage that I realised Amazon had gone far beyond books and DVDs :D

Did ya get any :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Bikeworld? ha......bought a lid from there for 170 euro (thought I was getting a good deal with a free spare visor) ....If I'd have done my research beforehand the same lid available all over the net for circa 80 sterling or roughly 100 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I just found a piece of safety equipment I never knew I needed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dainese-Brustpanzer-2875956-Ladies-Protector/dp/B007I3ARYG/ref=sr_1_79?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1413451364&sr=1-79

How have I survived without this so far? Thanks OP :D

Advertisement