Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable CS350 tamper alarm while I repair a wire

Options
  • 11-10-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

While drilling a tiled wall in my kitchen I hit a wire to an alarm sensor. I want to carefully remove some tiles, access the wire and solder it back together. The problem is that the area is now vibration sensitive: every time I touch it the alarm goes off with a "TAMPER" message, even though the alarm isn't set (in fact I can't set it.)

How can I disable the whole thing so it's no longer sensitive? Thanks.

It's an Aritech CS350n.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Bikey wrote: »
    While drilling a tiled wall in my kitchen I hit a wire to an alarm sensor. I want to carefully remove some tiles, access the wire and solder it back together. The problem is that the area is now vibration sensitive: every time I touch it the alarm goes off with a "TAMPER" message, even though the alarm isn't set (in fact I can't set it.)

How can I disable the whole thing so it's no longer sensitive? Thanks.

It's an Aritech CS350n.

When you are going to switch off the system the keypad is probably telling you what zone has activated.
    So turn off the mains to your control panel, then open the panel and remove both cables from the particular zone. This will as such have the fault in a constant state so it wouldn't be reseting as it is currently. Then you can repair it without the duress.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bikey

Thanks kub! It took me a while to get to it, but it worked out perfectly.

Advertisement