Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Election results

• 11-10-2014 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭

Roscommon/South Leitrim
    Dublin South West

any interest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Roscommon/South Leitrim
    Dublin South West

any interest?

Yes. The journal reporting Murphy doing really well in Dublin. Im surprised at that. SF were meant to have that sewn up. Showing the strength of feeling the water charges are creating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

emo72 wrote: »
    Yes. The journal reporting Murphy doing really well in Dublin. Im surprised at that. SF were meant to have that sewn up. Showing the strength of feeling the water charges are creating.

Crikey emo,I'd suggest it shows the exact opposite.

If the reports are correct the Voter Turn-Out was 30 %...FFS..... THIRTY %.....is this a pisz take or wha ??

Strength of Feeling would have brought out 70,80,90 or even North Korean 100% turn outs.

These elections came at a time ideally suited for Protest Voting and the rest,a real on-the-spot electoral opportunity for The PEOPLE to speak.....what do we get...we see a very clear indication that 66% of the electorate,presumably could'nt take time to Vote for ANYBODY !!!!!

More statistical PROOF,if twas ever needed, that Ireland and it's people get a VERY good representation of the Country's mindset in it's elected "Representatives",a term which in this case Must be taken in it's most literal sense !! :rolleyes:

Universal sufferage......yea right :o

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Shannonside radio reporting 3 town's tallies gone missing in Ros-S.Leitrim, but according to them:
    this should not make any significant difference to the overall tally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Paul Murphy elected in DSW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

That's a bit of a surprise. Well done to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Hope Fitzmaurice wins in RSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I saw the vote coming in for him in the Eu elections and they were abysmal.
    His local vote should be seen as just that. Local aAnd I doubt representative of the wipes electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I saw the vote coming in for him in the Eu elections and they were abysmal.
    His local vote should be seen as just that. Local aAnd I doubt representative of the wipes electorate.

i don t think so actually,people are looking for an alternative to the main partys who are all pretty much the same and people can call the SWP and PBP the "loony left" all the like but the facts are these are amongst the very few who tell it as it is, won't bail out bankers and pander to the troika , i don't necessarily agree with all of their policies but from what have seen it's a hell of a lot better for working class people than the rest of the parasites.

Advertisement