Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Supplement Shopping

• 11-10-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hey all

just wondering if anyone knows any good sites to purchase protein supplements. used fitness ireland a few times but am thinking might save some money shopping around. I noticed some uk sites offer free delivery so parcel motel might come in useful.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MyProtein, BulkPowders and TheProteinWorks would be 3. I usually find MyProtein to be cheapest. Postage is a fiver.

Code groupie15 still works and gives 15% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucan45

iprotein.ie are selling Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein 5LB Tubs for €49.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

lucan45 wrote: »
    iprotein.ie are selling Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein 5LB Tubs for €49.95.
    MyProtein sell an equivalent protein (impact whey) at €57 for 5KG. With the discount code "groupie" it's €48.90

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭abstrakt82

i'll second myprotein, get everything from them, great delivery too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How does myprotein compare to theproteinworks?

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    How does myprotein compare to theproteinworks?

Any time I did a price comparison, MP was a bit cheaper but look out for deals on TPW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Myprotein is king.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mywaec

I had issues with myprotein. My order was never delivered but when I tracked it, the status claimed it was. Eventually got in touch with Myprotein who said it was returned to them undelivered and they would refund me - minus a restocking fee!!!! In the meantime I bought from discount supplements.
    Anyone got any input on bulkpowders.ie? Seem to be very good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Mellor wrote: »
    MyProtein sell an equivalent protein (impact whey) at €57 for 5KG. With the discount code "groupie" it's €48.90

Thats unflavoured, how is it?? I always get chocolate flavour because I find it helps kill cravings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

myprotein sketchy delivery but that could be the couriers too. They use the same whey as optimum nutrition's gold standard, or at least they both source theirs from the same Irish producer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

What do you guys think of the lack of BCAA content in the MP whey? I was just checking the protein and bcaa content on the cheap protein I usually get (pic below). It has higher protein content and a huge amount of bcaas.

Not an expert in supplements just looking for opinions before I go with MP.

ultimate-whey-supreme-erdbeere.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What do you guys think of the lack of BCAA content in the MP whey? I was just checking the protein and bcaa content on the cheap protein I usually get (pic below). It has higher protein content and a huge amount of bcaas.

Where are you getting your nutritional info from, can't read it in that pic.
    I'd say you are prob making a error in when you are counting it tbh.

MP Impct Whey (their basic whey) is 81% protein.
    The above is 70%.

I've no idea what BCAAs are for either though

There are probably dozens of other things you'd need to be getting right before a small amount of BCAAs would be something you'd need to look at and even then it isn't going to make much of a difference in all reality, especially with a reasonable protein intake.

Advertisement