Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrEUSO - Science Olympiad

• 11-10-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Posted a similar thread earlier in JC because I'm extremely stressed (out of desperation for info)
    If anyone could give me some knowledge re:
    QUESTIONS
    Time for this years event
    Making sure my form was received

Please reply if you can help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What's IrEUSO?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IncognitoX

What's IrEUSO?

The Irish European Union Science Olympiad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Just search it on Google, and I'm sure you'll find your answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

I did it last year and it is full knowledge of the LC ol course that is required

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Afrojack11

They're fairly scarce on info, but thanks anyway lads

• Advertisement

IncognitoX wrote: »
    The Irish European Union Science Olympiad.
    Oh.

If he had just said the Science Olympiad I'd have know what he meant, IGVCWA!!! *

* I get very confused with acronyms.

If you knew about the Olympiad, you'd understand the acronym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

I did IrEUSO (the Biology one) a few years ago when I was in TY, you'd need to know much more than the OL Biology course to be honest. Got an A1 in HL and I still think there was stuff on the exam that I never came across at LC level! It basically consisted of two exams - 1 was a long experiment question and the other was a multiple choice quiz.

BUT remember that most people are in the exact same boat, either in 4th or 5th Year, so to win it you don't need to get anywhere near full marks. I can't speak to what's on the Chem or Physics papers but for Biology I remember doing a lot of "educated guessing", especially on the multiple choice.

EDIT: You can check the list of this year's participants here from next Wednesday the 22nd (everyone whose form they received will be on that list!) and there's a detailed enough schedule on that site now too.

Good luck!

Afrojack11 wrote: »
    If you knew about the Olympiad, you'd understand the acronym
    Funnily enough, when you're out in the actual world of work, you lose track of these things, and hundreds of other acronyms come flying at you! :)

The world of school and the LC is a a very narrow one as you will find out in the years to come! ;)

Funnily enough, when you're out in the actual world of work, you lose track of these things, and hundreds of other acronyms come flying at you! :)

The world of school and the LC is a a very narrow one as you will find out in the years to come! ;)

Not exactly relevant
    MegGustaa wrote: »
    I did IrEUSO (the Biology one) a few years ago when I was in TY, you'd need to know much more than the OL Biology course to be honest. Got an A1 in HL and I still think there was stuff on the exam that I never came across at LC level! It basically consisted of two exams - 1 was a long experiment question and the other was a multiple choice quiz.

BUT remember that most people are in the exact same boat, either in 4th or 5th Year, so to win it you don't need to get anywhere near full marks. I can't speak to what's on the Chem or Physics papers but for Biology I remember doing a lot of "educated guessing", especially on the multiple choice.

EDIT: You can check the list of this year's participants from next Wednesday the 22nd (everyone whose form they received will be on that list!) and there's a detailed enough schedule on that site now too.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for that. Very helpful and very much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Afrojack11 wrote: »
    Not exactly relevant

No need to be snappy. I know about the Science Olympiad, but I would never have called it IrEUSO in conversation :rolleyes: Thread title changed, you might get more of a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Are you saying that my jc mocks don't matter ? :P

Advertisement