Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zoe Pricing

Options
  • 11-10-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I notice that you can buy a 2013 and a few 2014 Zoe's for under £10,000 with a couple of thousand miles.

This led me to compare the new prices in the UK & Ireland.

UK prices from £13,995 (Euro 18,400) to £15,195 (Euro 20,000)

Irish Prices from €22,490 to €24,290

No VRT to complicate the calculation but Ireland around €400 extra VAT per car.

Who is pocketing the extra 4 grand?

Can you buy a used Zoe in the UK and pay battery rental in Ireland?

Comments

ei9go wrote: »
    I notice that you can buy a 2013 and a few 2014 Zoe's for under £10,000 with a couple of thousand miles.

This led me to compare the new prices in the UK & Ireland.

UK prices from £13,995 (Euro 18,400) to £15,195 (Euro 20,000)

Irish Prices from €22,490 to €24,290

No VRT to complicate the calculation but Ireland around €400 extra VAT per car.

Who is pocketing the extra 4 grand?

Can you buy a used Zoe in the UK and pay battery rental in Ireland?

No you can't bring over a U.K Zoe that is part of the battery lease program.

Renault are supposed to sell Zoe in the U.K with the option to buy, it does make it rather expensive for such a small car. But you'd have much more of a chance to buy a 2nd hand one in a few years if it take soff in the U.K without battery lease.

I can't see Zoe selling in Ireland, either way. Sad but true.

Most Clio's are sold in bog basic spec and 1.2 bog basic engine in Ireland and there are 95% petrol V Diesel. (according to carzone)

If people are not willing to spend 18-20K on a diesel Clio I surely can't see people spending 23-25K on a Zoe.

Advertisement