Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T&H Doolans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I've heard Christmas is their aim to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its a historic building and it would be nice for it too open up again but do we need another Craft/tourist bar ??? I suppose the yanks will love it

we have Tullys, JK Walshs, Uische Beaha, The Reg, Downes, Phil Grimes and more. The market could be getting saturated in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its a historic building and it would be nice for it too open up again but do we need another Craft/tourist bar ??? I suppose the yanks will love it

we have Tullys, JK Walshs, Uische Beaha, The Reg, Downes, Phil Grimes and more. The market could be getting saturated in Waterford

Galway is saturated with nice bars such as this and it's really detrimental to the vibe in the city.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Galway is saturated with nice bars such as this and it's really detrimental to the vibe in the city.

Yeah and bloody Ed Sheeran boosting there economy too with is Galway girl song and video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Too many nice pubs? Quick, let's close one! :p

Sorry for taking the p155, but come on, if the market is saturated, one or two will close. There isn't a fixed cake that all the pubs have to share. If word gets around that there are lovely pubs in Waterford, then more people will come and we'll all be better off.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Of course it is. Just some clown trying to be Waterford Whispers News.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

gscully wrote: »
    Of course it is. Just some clown trying to be Waterford Whispers News.

Exactly...what a moron whoever responsible.you can imagine this loser on his computer putting this together, thinking he is some sort of Steve bannon dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

I thought it was pretty funny actually....tongue in cheek!
    Waterford whispers started in the same way....it's satire, I don't know why people take it so seriously

I thought it was pretty funny actually....tongue in cheek!
    Waterford whispers started in the same way....it's satire, I don't know why people take it so seriously

C'mon silver, this so called banter is way it starts....quickly followed by stuff like can't take a joke etc.Just for record..stoking religious bigotry /hate never joke.

• Advertisement

Ah look, to be honest...I did find it amusing and still do. There wasn't anything in the post itself hateful in any way, people will always have their opinions. If that was a real news report you would have all the same people and comments.
    Reading through the comments it started a debate.
    Satire in itself is a method in exposing people's stupidity when it comes to topical things.

At the end of the day I think it just comes down to different strokes for different folks!!

Ah look, to be honest...I did find it amusing and still do. There wasn't anything in the post itself hateful in any way, people will always have their opinions. If that was a real news report you would have all the same people and comments.
    Reading through the comments it started a debate.
    Satire in itself is a method in exposing people's stupidity when it comes to topical things.

At the end of the day I think it just comes down to different strokes for different folks!!

No, totally disagree, it was not designed to have a debate, it is not satire either because satire usually has an element of poking fun at or exposing something stupid as you said.this is plain and simple attention seeking misinformation with religious hateful bigotry at its core.
    The morons who post this rubbish are the same lads who thought Andy Gray and the other lad were only joking when they made those lurid comments to their female co presenter or sure wasn't David moyes only joking when he said to that interviewer you're lucky you didn't get a slap

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one so Max!!
    The way I see it from the satire point of view is that it definitely has exposed some people's stupidity through the comments on the post.

I don't know the person who posted it, I'm also not going to judge what they're like as a person based on one of their posts on the tinternet.

I'm sure that lad from waterford whispers did, and more than likely still does, get the same things said about him too.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one so Max!!
    The way I see it from the satire point of view is that it definitely has exposed some people's stupidity through the comments on the post.

I don't know the person who posted it, I'm also not going to judge what they're like as a person based on one of their posts on the tinternet.

I'm sure that lad from waterford whispers did, and more than likely still does, get the same things said about him too.

Waterford whispers to the best of my knowledge don't use their satire subjected at religious minorities, if they did, I'd guess it is such a ridiculous story its probably like their north Korea on the sun or Viking riot story.this story, is not satire, I'm sure that's what the moron who put it together will say...Just a joke crap...as before, this is where bigotry, sexism and racism hide now, amongst other places I'm sure.again, this kind of stuff leads to more and escalating 'jokes'.I can't see comments on the Facebook page because I'm not on facebook but I'm guessing some are unaware its nonsense but have already re tweeted it or whatever to others, stoking up more fear, hatred etc...Exactly what it is intended to do.
    Some might feel silly if they realise its rubbish but its validation for all the racists/bigots out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I thought it was an interesting post, as there's absolutely nothing of harm in it, but the reaction to it is absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

FWIW, I thought the original post itself was fairly harmless as it was so clearly a joke that I thought no one could take it seriously. How wrong I was...

Someone started a thread in AH on it as well who seemed to be serious about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

Don't see a whole lot wrong with that post. It just highlights the amount of stupid gullible people around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

914 wrote: »
    Don't see a whole lot wrong with that post. It just highlights the amount of stupid gullible people around!

True..loads of gullible and easily led people out there.there's racist bigots out there too which it appeals to too so the original post is disgusting and a lot wrong with it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

F**k me. He is actually an embarrassment. Can't believe people like that exist.

• Advertisement

This is what I have been saying , how can people think that this rubbish is harmless, nothing wrong with it, etc...it's blatantly written to given ammunition to racist morons...as mentioned before I haven't even seen the comments.

I think best thing now is for all of us to stop posting about such rubbish and back to t&hs.

Advertisement